Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

learning to trust again after being cheated on Watch

so in my past relationship i was pretty badly cheated on. he slept with lots of girls, lots of times, without protection, had affairs, waited until a girl turned 16 just so he could sleep with her, etc. i didnt find out til a year down the line. it destroyed my self esteem and my sense of self worth, i feel really ugly and unloveable now. i thought i had moved on and was ok with myself, but im clearly not.

i met someone new and things were fine to begin with. then i noticed he would talk about his ex-gf a lot, i tried to smile and ignore it and not think anything of it. then she asked to meet up with him, and he 'forgot' we had plans and met up with her instead. she also bought him a gift. they were then going away that weekend on a trip with lots of people, i wasn't going. the whole situation made me feel uncomfortable. i know i just have to trust him, but after him talking about her a lot i didnt feel secure that he was 100% over her. he said he wanted to have a friendship with her and regularly likes her stuff on facebook (i know this isnt a big deal but)...

I feel like an insecure mess and that i dont know how i can let my guard down and trust anyone.. i dont want to get hurt again, it was so hard dealing with what happened before. i dont want to be stupid and get hurt and everyone will take pity on me but think if it happened to me again then i must be dumb for trusting the wrong guys. my insecurity and jealousy is pushing him away. he doesnt seem to understand what ive been through and how him and his ex's friendship makes me uncomfortable. they were together for years, lived together, she dumped him.

i dont know if its me being untrusting or if the signs are there that their 'friendship' is dodgy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    i met someone new and things were fine to begin with. then i noticed he would talk about his ex-gf a lot, i tried to smile and ignore it and not think anything of it. then she asked to meet up with him, and he 'forgot' we had plans and met up with her instead. she also bought him a gift. they were then going away that weekend on a trip with lots of people, i wasn't going. the whole situation made me feel uncomfortable. i know i just have to trust him, but after him talking about her a lot i didnt feel secure that he was 100% over her. he said he wanted to have a friendship with her and regularly likes her stuff on facebook (i know this isnt a big deal but)...
    Start by trusting people who deserve it?

(Original post by DanteTheDoorKnob)
    Start by trusting people who deserve it?
    he says they are just friends. i dont know what to think. i dont know whether my reaction to this stuff is wrong because of how ive been treated in the past or whether it is dodgy.

ReputationRep:
    Dump his ass. And set yourself free - spend your time with people who care; you will learn to trust again

ReputationRep:
    he says they are just friends. i dont know what to think. i dont know whether my reaction to this stuff is wrong because of how ive been treated in the past or whether it is dodgy.
    Are you one of these people who thinks 'if he does that again i'll be furious'

He will do it again, because he knows he can.

, and he 'forgot' we had plans and met up with her i.
    If a girl did this to me?

I'd break up with her over text.

ReputationRep:
    Honestly in my opinion, dump him. Meet someone who is worth YOUR time & trust.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 5, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.