The Student Room Group

Is omegle safe?

Never tried it before myself. I want to...to ya know...
is it okay to use the vid or only stick with the messages?
Can anyone find me with just the messages option?
Haha go on ill find you via messaging?
Original post by Anonymous

But im only going to talk for a min or so
I once saw a guy having sexual relations with a dog on omegle video chat but I'm pretty sure they've tightened up the rules a bit since then.

A lot of the none-video chat is guys looking to harvest nudes from girls (seemingly regardless of age, I might add) so it can be very boring, particularly if you're a male (stranger will ask asl (age sex location), you say male, they insta disconnect because you can't provide pictures of boobies)

It's not "unsafe" as much as it is rather weird and occasionally extremely boring.
I have been on Omegle in the past and it has been quite amusing. Maybe don't show your face though.
I went on with a mask while playing Jeepers Creepers in the background lol :creep:

Edit: there are way too many weird people on Omegle though and it can be frustrating.
(edited 7 years ago)
Yes, they can find your IP. I can find your location right now. You know. If I had the skills to do so. Omegle is no exception. Look up Omegle trolling videos, you'll find some where people find users' locations and scare them.
Original post by saladays
Yes, they can find your IP. I can find your location right now. You know. If I had the skills to do so. Omegle is no exception. Look up Omegle trolling videos, you'll find some where people find users' locations and scare them.

Wireshark can be negated by good proxies and VPNs. But yeah it's a risk for no gain because it's a pretty pointless website.
If you're going on the video option, expect to see many dicks.
You'll be fine in the chat option otherwise, but many there are looking just to sext.

The trolls are probably the highlight imo
Original post by Retired_Messiah
I once saw a guy having sexual relations with a dog on omegle video chat but I'm pretty sure they've tightened up the rules a bit since then.

A lot of the none-video chat is guys looking to harvest nudes from girls (seemingly regardless of age, I might add) so it can be very boring, particularly if you're a male (stranger will ask asl (age sex location), you say male, they insta disconnect because you can't provide pictures of boobies)

It's not "unsafe" as much as it is rather weird and occasionally extremely boring.

What the ****?! Poor dog :frown:

If somebody knows about computers he can find your IP address
Original post by Eternalflames
What the ****?! Poor dog :frown:

I felt kind of sorry for the dog and really quite disgusted but at the same time it was probably the most interesting video of the night, which says a lot about the quality of the chatter on there...

Original post by saladays

Original post by ODES_PDES
If somebody knows about computers he can find your IP address

This is true however the proportion of people on there that can and will do that is very low (never happened to me and I've been on a number of times when bored) and then out of the people that can, just about none of them would really do anything with it other than scare you for all of 30 seconds.
Original post by Retired_Messiah
I felt kind of sorry for the dog and really quite disgusted but at the same time it was probably the most interesting video of the night, which says a lot about the quality of the chatter on there...

This is true however the proportion of people on there that can and will do that is very low (never happened to me and I've been on a number of times when bored) and then out of the people that can, just about none of them would really do anything with it other than scare you for all of 30 seconds.

This applies to video right? Not message?
This applies to video right? Not message?

the first paragraph about dogsex applies to video, the second was in general.

Message I mentioned in my first post, a lot of nude hunters basically.
I doubt any skilled hacker/social engineer goes on omegle to find targets, they can find an approximate location from your IP. If incredibly talented at private investigation and fraud they can find you. The people that can do this won't be scouting omegle at all. Don't worry about that. Youre just going to see a lot of dicks and fake videos trying to convince you to pay them money or download their virus at worst. Go on it and have some fun.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending