Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have an idea of what kind of questions would we get for the essay questions on the novels? I'm studying Jane Eyre and Streetcar Named Desire. Because it's the first year of this syllabus, there is only one past paper

ReputationRep:
    hey! im in the same boat! im studying jane eyre and dr faustus which is horrid! im hoping the questions for jane eyre with be either on love or religion. those are the only ones im confident in writing an essay on what poets are you doing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kayleigh71)
    hey! im in the same boat! im studying jane eyre and dr faustus which is horrid! im hoping the questions for jane eyre with be either on love or religion. those are the only ones im confident in writing an essay on what poets are you doing?
    I'd be happy if Jane Eyre is on love too, or even freedom and women of the time...not sure about the whole religion side though...I'm feeling so unprepared...

I'm doing Ted Hughes and Sylvia Plath for the poetry comparison!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emzzyj)
    I'd be happy if Jane Eyre is on love too, or even freedom and women of the time...not sure about the whole religion side though...I'm feeling so unprepared...

I'm doing Ted Hughes and Sylvia Plath for the poetry comparison!
    freedom of women would be a great topic! im doing Owen Sheers and Seamus Heaney which is a bit of a bore! how are those poets for you?

ReputationRep:
    Me too! I'm studying Jane eyre and A streetcar named desire, and then Owen sheers and Seamus heaney for poetry, It's driving me insane!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kayleigh71)
    freedom of women would be a great topic! im doing Owen Sheers and Seamus Heaney which is a bit of a bore! how are those poets for you?
    I really like the poems actually, they're both quite accessible because they're mainly about nature and death (how fun) so there's lots of connections and the timing isn't too bad on the poetry paper?! The extract on the other hand.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bethanallsorts)
    Me too! I'm studying Jane eyre and A streetcar named desire, and then Owen sheers and Seamus heaney for poetry, It's driving me insane!
    I am not a massive fan of either of the novels...and I just don't know how to learn all the quotes and critics! There's so much to memorise!

I did an extract mock the other day, timing is so so difficult.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emzzyj)
    I am not a massive fan of either of the novels...and I just don't know how to learn all the quotes and critics! There's so much to memorise!

I did an extract mock the other day, timing is so so difficult.
    Posters are amazing. What I've done is print of a few pictures that relate to the chapter for each chapter, glue it on a piece of paper and then the picture will stick in my brain so I can remember what section is where, e.g the a picture of a bed on fire would make me immediately think of when Bertha set Mr Rochester's bed on fire etc, It works well for me! Also, try doing timed responses at home, it doesn't matter what you write, as long as you finish making the point in the right time, But I know, it is hard:argh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bethanallsorts)
    Posters are amazing. What I've done is print of a few pictures that relate to the chapter for each chapter, glue it on a piece of paper and then the picture will stick in my brain so I can remember what section is where, e.g the a picture of a bed on fire would make me immediately think of when Bertha set Mr Rochester's bed on fire etc, It works well for me! Also, try doing timed responses at home, it doesn't matter what you write, as long as you finish making the point in the right time, But I know, it is hard:argh:
    That's an amazing idea about the posters! I'm going to try that out tomorrow and redecorate my bedroom aha Photos stick really well in my mind too.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.