Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So this exam question says oxygen is a product of the LDS that is NOT used in the LIS.
    Is it referring to the production of 1/2O2 during photolysis of water?
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by white_o)
    So this exam question says oxygen is a product of the LDS that is NOT used in the LIS.
    Thanks!
    Can we see the exam question to get a bit of context?

Other than that, I agree. Oxygen is a product of the LDR.

I'm not sure what you mean by "that is NOT used in the LIS" and what that has to do with it. I
    I'm assuming that relates to how NADPH and ATP, the other products ARE used in the Calvin Cycle whereas oxygen is just a waste product.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RMNDK)
    Can we see the exam question to get a bit of context?

Other than that, I agree. Oxygen is a product of the LDR.

I'm not sure what you mean by "that is NOT used in the LIS" and what that has to do with it. I
    I'm assuming that relates to how NADPH and ATP, the other products ARE used in the Calvin Cycle whereas oxygen is just a waste product.
    Pretty much Thought that could be the only meaning, was just checking. The question is literally a list of things like Oxygen, ATP, RuBP and then it says 'Which one is a product of LDS NOT used in LIS'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by white_o)
    Thanks!
    Can you please post the full question like screenshot it, type it or tell us it's number and in which year ?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 6, 2016
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.