Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So I'm aiming for an A grade overall- but in the recent mocks, I've been getting Bs.

The reason I'm not doing as well as I would like is because I don't know how to get level 3 answers, which is kinda crucial if I want to even stand a chance in getting an A.
    I used to have a very good teacher for geog, and in one of the mocks last year I managed to get an A*. But now he has left and my new teacher is absolutely awful- I've asked her for help on this situation but she doesn't seem to want to help me, so of course I came here.
    Please, please help. I just need to know how to extend my answer to get it to Level 3 standards.

ReputationRep:
    To access the higher mark you just need to know key facts about your case studies (On top of everything else of course)
    learn them inside out
    and use key terminology

ReputationRep:
    I do AQA geog A this is how i revise for it:

Firstly, if you dont have a textbook, take one from school lol
    Go through the text book and condense all the info you need into your own words. EG, I condensed 20 pages of Restless Earth into about 5, it makes it less daunting for revision later.
    OR, if you dont like that, then mindmaps galore. Personally, i do mindmaps for case studies.
    Geography is a lot easier to get an A/A* in rather than Science because really, there isnt much to learn in comparison. You can do it!
    If you want a picture of my notes and how i do them then just P.M

ReputationRep:
    If you want to learn case studies better to be able to get more marks for the 8 marker, just add in loads of detail!
    I find that the CGP book don't always have enough detail in them for good case study answers so do some extra research online (on BBC Bitesize, in your other textbooks) and learn lots of facts - don't forget to include statistics.
    Also you can look at the mark schemes for the case study questions to see how much detail you need to get into and perhaps steal some facts from there as well

ReputationRep:
    This might help? It's for AS level but it would be in more detail than you need, not a bad thing http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/-/252380941352?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks guys. I know what my weekend's gonna consist of now :P

ReputationRep:
    Can i get your notes for physical please
    (Original post by dbrownbeast)
    I do AQA geog A this is how i revise for it:

Firstly, if you dont have a textbook, take one from school lol
    Go through the text book and condense all the info you need into your own words. EG, I condensed 20 pages of Restless Earth into about 5, it makes it less daunting for revision later.
    OR, if you dont like that, then mindmaps galore. Personally, i do mindmaps for case studies.
    Geography is a lot easier to get an A/A* in rather than Science because really, there isnt much to learn in comparison. You can do it!
    If you want a picture of my notes and how i do them then just P.M

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.