Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Dream watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by p8224)
    yeah i know..!!!
    im pretty sure i didn't swallow a mosquito...i tasted liquid blood...not...some insect squirming around...and i don't sleep with my mouth open!
    lol, well you're alive anyway! so tahts ok :rolleyes:

everyone sleeps with their mouth opened! crippie crawlies can get in! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fly By)

everyone sleeps with their mouth opened!
    'course not!! :eek:
    where did u get that from??!

ReputationRep:
    lol, well you're alive anyway! so tahts ok :rolleyes:

everyone sleeps with their mouth opened! crippie crawlies can get in! :eek:

my sis came home with all these facts yday and she told me that in an average lifespan a human swallows 4 spiders while sleeping
    YUK!!!!

neha
    xxxx

More than 4, more like 14...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neha p)
    my sis came home with all these facts yday and she told me that in an average lifespan a human swallows 4 spiders while sleeping
    YUK!!!!

neha
    xxxx
    ewwwwww! i hate spiders. i once swallowed a moth, it left all these white dust in me mouth

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by p8224)
    'course not!! :eek:
    where did u get that from??!
    lol coz its a fact, even if you start off with mouth closed it will open at some time to allow air flow more freely...

ReputationRep:
    ewwwwww! i hate spiders. i once swallowed a moth, it left all these white dust in me mouth
    :eek: :eek: :eek: omg! now THAT is dangerous!!!

lol coz its a fact, even if you start off with mouth closed it will open at some time to allow air flow more freely...
    really?! that's kinda freaky...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by p8224)
    :eek: :eek: :eek: omg! now THAT is dangerous!!!

really?! that's kinda freaky...
    lol next time you wake up and your mouth stink, you know why

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neha p)
    YUK!!!!

neha
    xxxx
    Im sorry but its a myth

http://www.snopes.com/science/stats/spiders.htm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Homegrownkitten)
    This morning I woke up because I thought the house was on fire. Im sure I could smell burning, but when I got up there wasnt any and the house was fine. It was quite scary though. Half of me wanted to stay asleep but the other half was scraming 'GET UP!!!' Very strange.
    :eek: you must have got quite a fright, especially being still half asleep. I could imagine that you must have had a nightmare or were sleep walking, lol, mind you, it was in the morning :rolleyes:

A thing that your body interestingly does is that when you are just falling asleep sometimes you can jerk and awake again from one of those very light dreams (that is enough to make you think it is real and wake up) I think your body does that because your heart reate is slowing down and your body needs to wake you up in order for your hear5t rate to stabalise, have you ever done that?

This did actually happen to me when i thought someone was tipping a load of spiders over me and a lept out of bed, felt a bit of a **** when i realised it was just a dream :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cellardore)
    :eek: you must have got quite a fright, especially being still half asleep. I could imagine that you must have had a nightmare or were sleep walking, lol, i do that all the time.

Anthor thing that your body interestingly does is that when you are just falling asleep sometimes you can jerk and awake again from one of those very light dreams (that is enough to make you think it is real and wake up) I think your body does that because your heart reate is slowing down and your body needs to wake you up in order for your hear5t rate to stabalise.
    This did actually happen to me when i thought someone was tipping a load of spiders over me and a lept out of bed, felt a bit of a **** when i realised it was just a dream :rolleyes:
    I hate it when that happens. I remeber dreaming I was skateboarding (I was about 6) and I tripped and woke up like that. Or when my bf does it and he wakes me up too :rolleyes:
    That is interesting about the heart rate though.

ReputationRep:
    Something quite freaky happened to me the other night actually. I was sleep walking, but woke up in the middle of my room, but then my legs went to jelly and fell to the floor. I tried to get up and again, but just fell again. This scared me a bit as this had never happened to me before and i was still half asleep, so i was very confused:rolleyes: I eventually managed to pick myself up again and go back to bed. Has this ever happened to anyone before?

ReputationRep:
    Something quite freaky happened to me the other night actually. I was sleep walking, but woke up in the middle of my room, but then my legs went to jelly and fell to the floor. I tried to get up and again, but just fell again. This scared me a bit as this had never happened to me before and i was still half asleep, so i was very confused:rolleyes: I eventually managed to pick myself up again and go back to bed. Has this ever happened to anyone before?
    No. Wow, that must have been scary, especially having just woken up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Homegrownkitten)
    That is interesting about the heart rate though.
    i'm not sure that it's true, it's just something i've heard.

ReputationRep:
    i'm not sure that it's true, it's just something i've heard.
    It sounds similar to sleep aponia (sp) where you cant breath properly and it momentarily stops your heart. Usually only seen in obese people, because their weight bears down on the wind-pipe.

ReputationRep:
    what about sleep walkin?
    that's when it doesn't work

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZoGgEr!)
    ah, sleep paralysis. I actually try to get that while I'm going to sleep, it's a kind of gap between being awake and being asleep. Good way to get control of your dreams.

Once again I have to link to http://www.ld4all.com
    I get that occasionally when I'm going to sleep, my body goes to sleep but my mind doesn't and I cant move, it's scary.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinykates)
    i thought it was waht happened if you woke up in REM sleep. ooops
    Happens to me all the time, i wake up and can't move, then fall back asleep

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by p8224)
    hmm...a few nights ago i woke up coz i tasted blood in my mouth...but when i finally pulled myself out of bed there was nothing...?? :confused: my brother thinks i ate a mosquito....how sick....
    :eek: Yuckies.

Hope it wasn't a mosquito!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 16, 2004
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.