Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone achieved an 'A' in A-level Biology (Edexcel)? I'm meant to be sitting exams for Edexcel AS-level Biology (new spec) and was wondering if anyone could give me advice on how to achieve the best possible grades. I know I'm on the new 2015 specification but the syllabus isn't too far different from the old version. Please any advice will be really appreciated

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Philip-flop)
    Has anyone achieved an 'A' in A-level Biology (Edexcel)? I'm meant to be sitting exams for Edexcel AS-level Biology (new spec) and was wondering if anyone could give me advice on how to achieve the best possible grades. I know I'm on the new 2015 specification but the syllabus isn't too far different from the old version. Please any advice will be really appreciated
    Practice practice practice (this is a good website to get questions and also revision notes).
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I found using the examiner's comments, mark schemes, and practice papers the most useful. It got me used to what they expect, and it helps you tailor your revision. Edexcel really do recycle questions quite a bit...

Another thing is to make sure you actually understand the concepts (i.e. understanding why the answer is what it is), rather than just memorising them. Talk them through; make sure you get why things do what they do, and the processes involved etc. That makes the "applying your knowledge" part of the paper much easier to do, and that's where the higher marks come in

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.