Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Ok so ive been accepted at 2 summer schools for the same week. One is for biochem the other is for bioscience. Which one should i pick im in y12 and dont really know what course i want to do. Biochem probably appeals to me more but i like chem more than bio e.g. applying chem to the concepts of bio. I know this is only a summer school but im so confused on which one to accept. Help please
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Go with what interests you more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alleycat393)
    Go with what interests you more.
    One is at nottingham and the other is at lancaster. I prefer what is offered at lancaster - biochem. But at nottingham (biosciences) they offer other stuff like help with ucas, revision etc. Thats why i cant decide :/ although i am probably leaning towards nottingham.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Are you sure Lancaster doesn't offer those extras too? If it's not clear from their website email and ask. Summer schools usually do.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Are you sure Lancaster doesn't offer those extras too? If it's not clear from their website email and ask. Summer schools usually do.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ive emailed both about the course and extra activities. Both offer similar social activities but Nottingham also offers help with finance, personal statements etc and its easier for me to get to. However, the course at Lancaster will probably be more beneficial.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Not sure what more you want me to say. Wait for their responses and then weigh up pros and cons depending on what is important to you. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Not sure what more you want me to say. Wait for their responses and then weigh up pros and cons depending on what is important to you. Good luck!
    Yeah I know. Thanks for your help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiiten)
    One is at nottingham and the other is at lancaster. I prefer what is offered at lancaster - biochem. But at nottingham (biosciences) they offer other stuff like help with ucas, revision etc. Thats why i cant decide :/ although i am probably leaning towards nottingham.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    im on the biochem at lancaster and got into medicine summer school at nottingham , luckily they dont clash , if you go lancaster i shall see you there!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smilj012.206)
    im on the biochem at lancaster and got into medicine summer school at nottingham , luckily they dont clash , if you go lancaster i shall see you there!
    yay, still havent decided on which one to go to. I like nottingham bc its easier to get to and the extra stuff they offer. But biochem is at lancaster

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Life Sciences Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.