Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    if i have 11 sets of data but only critical values for 10 and 12 sets of data would i use the critical value for 12 set of data to find out if i reject/accept the null?
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    I've moved this to the maths study help forum where hopefully you'll get more responses

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eloades11)
    I've moved this to the maths study help forum where hopefully you'll get more responses
    Thanks it wont let me post in study help so I had to do it in A-levels.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Ben_2911)
    Thanks it wont let me post in study help so I had to do it in A-levels.
    That's strange. If that continues, you should report it to the developers on TSR in this forum here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=357

If this problem continues and the staff don't respond, just make a thread in A-levels and quote me or another mod in to move it for you

ReputationRep:
    you take one category away (before ranking, from the set of 11 results, take 1 away, to have 10), the worst one or just the oddest one. And use the crit value for 10.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rimstone)
    you take one category away (before ranking, from the set of 11 results, take 1 away, to have 10), the worst one or just the oddest one. And use the crit value for 10.
    The data mostly follows a trend (some values give repeat results) would getting rid of one of these be ok? It's results form a biology practical not that that makes any difference.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    From looking at past mark schemes, you can calculate it using either 10 pairs or 11 pairs of critical values. I would assume with the 11 pairs you would find a value half way between 10 pairs and 12 pairs but I would use 10 pairs of values just to be safe.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.