Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Yes, that's right, this classic cautionary tale can now be yours to own. Published by Penguin, this special edition - complete with critical opinion and chapter-by-chapter synopsis - invites the reader to witness the decent of a young, naive and vane member of UKL forums.

This edition demonstrates to us better than ever the dangers of rep vanity, through the actions of young Dorian Grey, who sells his soul for limitless green reputation gems against his name whilst living an alter-ego in which he scourers the underworld of sub forums, posting irrelevant, senseless and lurid threads whilst his rep stays at the “Dorian has a reputation beyond repute” level.

Wilde’s tale horrifies and appals the reader as the novel reaches it's petrifying climax; Dorian - with the privileges of a mod but the post count of a day old newbie - bans his best friend from the forums and proceeds to try to delete the rep bar that started the whole sorry affair, ending with the destruction of his entire user account, and demise from the forum for all time.

Remember, this chilling fiction is available at the reasonable price of 5.99 from all good book retailers.

Hurry! Whilst legitimate comparison to some members of UKL lasts!

Um..what?

(Original post by tis_me_lord)
    Um..what?
    Ah. Guessing you haven't read the novel "The Picture of Dorian Grey" then?

No, God i feel deprived.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by roseonthegrave)
    hehe my whole english coursework was on that book!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piginapoke)
    At least someone is having an attempt at some proper humour. A valiant effort.
    are you gonna do one more ukl times before you leave?

ReputationRep:
    lol i've read it and seen the 1944 film, Wildee isss onnn myyy side

ReputationRep:
    Err doubt it, only got today and tomorrow left.
    *cries* ....

hmmm ok, well keep us up to date on your blog

ReputationRep:
    Err doubt it, only got today and tomorrow left.
    Oh dear. Well hopefully when you get back you'll do one seeing as I've missed every single one of them! But I hear they're very amusing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by waiting2smile)
    Oh dear. Well hopefully when you get back you'll do one seeing as I've missed every single one of them! But I hear they're very amusing.
    look at his signature

ReputationRep:
    Is he the character used in the film League of Extraordinary Gentlemen????

G

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gzftan)

G
    yes...

a pretty humorous post actually, v original as well...

ReputationRep:

G

lol dear me

ReputationRep:

G
    what special power did he had??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fly By)
    what special power did he had??
    Couldn't be killed at all...and he was like..mega-old...but looked in his mid 20's....lol....i bet women were deparately trying to find out what moisturiser cream he uses

Btw- sorry...not very well read..hehe....

G

At least someone is having an attempt at some proper humour. A valiant effort.
    Why thank you sir! And thank you for your generous donation of rep.

Let us hope I don't go the way of Dorian Grey...

ReputationRep:
    Wilde’s tale horrifies and appals the reader as the novel reaches it's petrifying climax; Dorian - with the privileges of a mod but the post count of a day old newbie - bans his best friend from the forums and proceeds to try to delete the rep bar that started the whole sorry affair, ending with the destruction of his entire user account, and demise from the forum for all time.
    Lol! Excellent with a capital E !

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 1, 2004
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.