Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi !
    I'm a student and I've been working for 4 month already. I can work during the summer too but in my second year I'd like to focus more on studying which means I need to stop working. I had to miss a few lectures in my first year because of working..
    So I started looking for financial help. I remember talking to this girl a while ago (before coming to uni actually) and she told me that if you are a full time student and you work 3 months in the same place and then get some proof that you worked 3 months, you can get 1000 pounds every month for 1 year ! And she said some of her friends took the opportunity. I remembered about it like a week ago but I can't reach that girl anymore and the problem is I have no idea where I need to go and show them the proof..she mentioned something like an 'institution' or something that gives you the money. I can't find anything about it..I'm not even sure if that's real. It sounds so cool but who knows maybe there are other requirements I might not be able to meet so I want to check first..after all 1000 pounds a month sounds too good to be real and none of my classmates know something about it.
    Does anyone know anything about this ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sophiathe1)
    if you are a full time student and you work 3 months in the same place and then get some proof that you worked 3 months, you can get 1000 pounds every month for 1 year
    Nope, that's a load of hogwash. If that was true, thousands of students would be in a much happier place. Sorry.

ReputationRep:
    As the other poster said, not true, sorry. However, there is a bursary that most university offers for £1,000 pound for students from low income families. Check your university website to see if you're eligible.

- Cam
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    You work 3 months and then get an additional £12,000. Sounds cool.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    You work 3 months and then get an additional £12,000. Sounds cool.
    Where can I get this job?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.