Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My trust landed in the wrong hands... Again! Watch

Long story short, but basically I found out tonight that someone who I considered to be very close with lied to me.. I asked them for the truth countless times before and they couldn't tell me... I am absolutely distraught. I'm hurt, I'm upset and mostly angry.

I work with this person and for a while I have been thinking about a transfer anyway, but tonight I have made the decision to do so but until then, I have got to still work with this person.. Anyone know how I am going to cope? Anyone know how I can get over this? This is someone who I told things I never would to anyone else... I already deleted him off social media and deleted his number. he doesn't particular gives a toss which hurts even more

ReputationRep:
    Ignore and forget about him?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RezzBerry)
    Ignore and forget about him?
    Seems straightforward, but it's not easy to just let injustice like this go unanswered.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Long story short, but basically I found out tonight that someone who I considered to be very close with lied to me.. I asked them for the truth countless times before and they couldn't tell me... I am absolutely distraught. I'm hurt, I'm upset and mostly angry.

I work with this person and for a while I have been thinking about a transfer anyway, but tonight I have made the decision to do so but until then, I have got to still work with this person.. Anyone know how I am going to cope? Anyone know how I can get over this? This is someone who I told things I never would to anyone else... I already deleted him off social media and deleted his number. he doesn't particular gives a toss which hurts even more
    I don't know you but you sound a bit ( and I don't want you to take this the wrong way) needy. Asking for the truth "countless times" is not the behaviour of a normal working relationship - or indeed someone who is close.

Step back from this now - you have to work with them - you have other workmates and friends. We all have to associate with people whom we do not feel comfortable with. he doesn't give a toss - neither should you. Chalk it down to experience. In a couple of months time this will not matter in the big scheme of things

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 6, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.