The Student Room Group
Reply 1
jayjaystuart
The Question of today is, "Do you believe in Magic?"

No. Read The Vanished Man - it's good.
loftx
No. Read The Vanished Man - it's good.
David Blaine comes to mind and along with his 2 magic specials on TV with a million reruns, lol.
Oops, I didn't mean to quote.
Reply 4
Vin
David Blaine comes to mind and along with his 2 magic specials on TV with a million reruns, lol.

David Blaine is really good!
Reply 5
Adhsur

Hey Adshur, how are you? WHo's david Blaine?

Phil
Adhsur

His card tricks are very good but his stunts are just stupid. To me its like "oooh look at me i can stand on a pole for 2 days!" and we're supposed to think woow how cool. Well i think it's a bit weird i mean why would anyone actually do that??
Reply 7
PHIL
Hey Adshur, how are you? WHo's david Blaine?

Phil

I'm very well thanks!! How was the cruise? :smile: Good luck for results tomorrow *cringes everytime she hears or says that word* As for David Blaine, he's this magician person who comes on tv sometimes - does "street magic"...walks along and asks random people to participate in his lil tricks. He also does silly things like get frozen for weeks on end, get buried alive, stand at the top of a really tall tower for ages...etc etc.
Reply 8
It'sPhil...
His card tricks are very good but his stunts are just stupid. To me its like "oooh look at me i can stand on a pole for 2 days!" and we're supposed to think woow how cool. Well i think it's a bit weird i mean why would anyone actually do that??

Yeah but who is he?

Phil
Adhsur
He also does silly things like get frozen for weeks on end, get buried alive, stand at the top of a really tall tower for ages...etc etc.
LOL. Actually he only got "frozen" in an ice-block for 3 days (which is really death-defying). And he stood on top of this pole for a few days and leapt onto cardboard boxes at the end of it.

Anyway, I would think his stunts aren't really worth the effort for him, as his magic is what people really want to see.
Reply 10
Vin
LOL. Actually he only got "frozen" in an ice-block for 3 days

Ah well!!! What a shame!
Reply 11
I think I know who you mean. sorry fo not directly awering your thread Adhsur, I didn't see it. b The cruise kinda sucked. averae age was like 85, and there was nowt to do, and though they had the net, it was £1 a minute. they had 1 pub, but it was well boring, and you had to charge alldrinks to your cabin, so they could see your age, so had to content myself with raiding the minibar, and buyin stuf when we got off the boat. how have your hols been? Good luck with the resuolts. what time do you get yours, I have to wait till 2 pm!!!!

Phil
Reply 12
PHIL
I think I know who you mean. sorry fo not directly awering your thread Adhsur, I didn't see it. b The cruise kinda sucked. averae age was like 85, and there was nowt to do, and though they had the net, it was £1 a minute. they had 1 pub, but it was well boring, and you had to charge alldrinks to your cabin, so they could see your age, so had to content myself with raiding the minibar, and buyin stuf when we got off the boat. how have your hols been? Good luck with the resuolts. what time do you get yours, I have to wait till 2 pm!!!!

Phil

hey phil welcome back...how was your hols?...he nearly killed him self in an ice block for three days and then he stood on top of a tower thing for god knows how many days...and i forget what the other one was..i don't think its magic though...all mental preperation

CR
Reply 13
CR3
hey phil welcome back...how was your hols?...he nearly killed him self in an ice block for three days and then he stood on top of a tower thing for god knows how many days...and i forget what the other one was..i don't think its magic though...all mental preperation

CR

You were right about saying mental,but i don't think it's preparation, I think it's more a case of insanity

Phil
Reply 14
PHIL
You were right about saying mental,but i don't think it's preparation, I think it's more a case of insanity

Phil

yea...the guy probably wanted attention so he threw himself into a block of ice for a couple of days and hey..he's famous...haha...i like the idea of that*slaps face*

CR
Reply 15
CR3
yea...the guy probably wanted attention so he threw himself into a block of ice for a couple of days and hey..he's famous...haha...i like the idea of that*slaps face*

CR

Sounds pretty easy to get famous don't it.

Phil

Latest

Trending

Trending