N5 Music 2016

Announcements Posted on
Four things that unis think matter more than league tables 08-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    Anyone confident about the N5 Music Exam on the 13th of May?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James26488)
    Anyone confident about the N5 Music Exam on the 13th of May?
    Hey James. Yeah i'm feeling great but the theory stuff is much harder than performing. I think I'm on track for an a.

What did you do for your performing and what songs?

dillon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by McFarlane)
    Hey James. Yeah i'm feeling great but the theory stuff is much harder than performing. I think I'm on track for an a.

What did you do for your performing and what songs?

dillon.
    I'm feeling very confident as well aiming for an A for my performance i did Drums Lovely Day, Classic Blues and Norwegian Wood Along with Tune Percussion Eastenders and HighFive.

ReputationRep:
    I'm feeling very confident as well aiming for an A for my performance i did Drums Lovely Day, Classic Blues and Norwegian Wood Along with Tune Percussion Eastenders and HighFive.
    That's great. I did Voice and Ukulele. I'm going to do Voice and TP next year for higher.

ReputationRep:
    That's great. I did Voice and Ukulele. I'm going to do Voice and TP next year for higher.
    I'll be doing higher as well along with the same instruments unfortunatley we can not use past papers for revision as it doesn't allow you to get the audio file

ReputationRep:
    Oh that sucks. I'm sure your teacher can provide other revision stuff anyway. What school do you go to? and what other exams do you do?

ReputationRep:
    Oh that sucks. I'm sure your teacher can provide other revision stuff anyway. What school do you go to? and what other exams do you do?
    Have you got any helpful revision websites i can use for music

ReputationRep:
    Yeah you can use Education Scotland Website but I'm sure your teachers have told you about that though!

ReputationRep:
    I'm really confident for Music. My performing went very well (played the viola and xylophone), and I find theory easier than performing in general!

The only thing I really struggle with is the dreaded chord sequence question in Q4 I think. The only chord I know well is C and that doesn't help me at all

ReputationRep:
    Hiya!

You should check out Paisley Grammar's school flipsnack, it has a collection of past paper questions in it that I find really really useful, and with the Audio Files too😅 (Go by letters not numbers)

I think my performance went alright; I played sax and piano and am hoping for an alright paper on Friday! Typical it's Friday the 13th eh :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah you can use Education Scotland Website but I'm sure your teachers have told you about that though!
    Yes we have have been told about Education Scotland just wondering if you know any other website other than that will be of good use for the exam

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Salenite)
    I'm really confident for Music. My performing went very well (played the viola and xylophone), and I find theory easier than performing in general!

The only thing I really struggle with is the dreaded chord sequence question in Q4 I think. The only chord I know well is C and that doesn't help me at all
    I also struggle with the chord sequence as well along with guide score in question 3 those both i reckon i would struggle with the rest should be good.

ReputationRep:
    I also struggle with the chord sequence as well along with guide score in question 3 those both i reckon i would struggle with the rest should be good.
    Urgh chord sequence. That's the last thing we leaned in class. Just look for the minor chord and it's always VI. And if you play instruments such as guitar or ukulele or piano then you might actually know them off by heart.

ReputationRep:
    That's so cool. I did voice and ukulele as well. What songs did you play on the ukulele?

ReputationRep:
    For anyone needing revision material I use Learn Listening Online. It has all the musical terms you need to know under topic heading and has extracts to listen to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abbyy1234)
    For anyone needing revision material I use Learn Listening Online. It has all the musical terms you need to know under topic heading and has extracts to listen to.
    will have a look. I use education Scotland music it's pretty much the same thing 😊

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by studyranger)
    will have a look. I use education Scotland music it's pretty much the same thing 😊
    Thank you I will go check that out! I started running out of ideas on how to study music listening😬

ReputationRep:
    Good Luck everyone for tomorrow let's show them how good we are

ReputationRep:
    What scales do we have to learn again and how can we tell what they are ?

ReputationRep:
    Hope you guys all did extremely well! I thought the paper was fair. My music teacher told me the answers (or what she got but I trust her opinion) so if you have any questions you weren't sure on please ask me.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 13, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you think you'll achieve your predicted A Level grades?
Applying to university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.