Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What are your thoughts on the new Twilight Princess remake? Watch

• PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    So for those who will remember, 10 years ago Nintendo released Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

The best way to describe the overall affect of the game is brilliant, but dark ...

Now this year, they've now released a remake for the Wii U!

The question is, do you think it was worth the remake and if so why? :holmes:

Would be interested to hear people's thoughts :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Slowbro93)
    So for those who will remember, 10 years ago Nintendo released Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

The best way to describe the overall affect of the game is brilliant, but dark ...

Now this year, they've now released a remake for the Wii U!

Would be interested to hear people's thoughts :holmes:
    Is it not just the same game (with better graphics)? I think they've done the same for a number of them so OoT and MM were also playable on the gamecube etc?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    Is it not just the same game (with better graphics)? I think they've done the same for a number of them so OoT and MM were also playable on the gamecube etc?
    Basically, although it made sense for OoT and MM imo, this time round I'm not too sure though
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Ten...

ten years ago?

ten years ago?!

ten....yeeeeaaarsssss agggoooooooooo?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Puddles the Monkey)
    Ten...

ten years ago?

ten years ago?!

ten....yeeeeaaarsssss agggoooooooooo?
    Feels like yesterday tbh :zomg:
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    Basically, although it made sense for OoT and MM imo, this time round I'm not too sure though
    Why?

Ten...ten years ago?ten years ago?!ten....yeeeeaaarsssss agggoooooooooo?
    Feel old yet?
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Feels like yesterday tbh :zomg:
    :afraid:

I'm not that fussed about a remake...for me Twilight Princess was disappointing. It marked the beginning of that hand-holdy way of making the game. In OoT and MM where you had a lot of space to explore and find out what you needed to do next through trying things out and exploring the map, whereas TP and SS it's all laid out for you and just feels like a process of jumping through steps which I didn't really enjoy.

Playing through MM again at the moment actually :woo:
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    (Original post by Kvothe the arcane)

Feel old yet?
    Bring me a nice hot cup of ovaltine and a copy of Reader's Digest
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Kvothe the arcane)
    Why?
    When they released the remakes of MM and OoT, in my mind it made sense as they were opening up the concept of these really good Zelda games to a new audience. Furthermore, it made sense that with OoT being realised in 1998 and MM in 2000, that they could have done with an update. The fact that they brought both games to handheld consoles are, in my opinion a step in the right direction.

Now with Twilight princess, given that you will find that the generation that played it first time round have probably been waiting for the latest Zelda Wii U release, I was a little confused to the reasoning for them making the remake personally.

:afraid:

I'm not that fussed about a remake...for me Twilight Princess was disappointing. It marked the beginning of that hand-holdy way of making the game. In OoT and MM where you had a lot of space to explore and find out what you needed to do next through trying things out and exploring the map, whereas TP and SS it's all laid out for you and just feels like a process of jumping through steps which I didn't really enjoy.

Playing through MM again at the moment actually :woo:
    I think SS over TP did this more, but I do see what you mean though. MM is still one of my favourite games :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was just a nice looking port essentially. Brilliant game originally and I don't see an issue with bringing it to the newest console.

ReputationRep:
    To be honest I do not like all these Zelda remakes. Their purpose seems to be to bring in money with as little effort as possible.
    • PS Reviewer
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Study Helper
    Is this the supposed open-world Zelda game? :curious:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Nirgilis)
    Is this the supposed open-world Zelda game? :curious:
    With TP, not this one There is rumour that the new game will have this happen, but I would need to do my research at this stage

(Original post by Zitterbart)
    To be honest I do not like all these Zelda remakes. Their purpose seems to be to bring in money with as little effort as possible.
    I know what you mean, but the main advantage of it is that it allows younger generations to appreciate the awesomeness! :ahee: (sadly, my mum didn't let me get the original, told me they were both too dark :rofl: )

ReputationRep:
    Isn't it kind of unnecessary to re-release a Wii game (at least I remember Twilight Princess being a Wii game) kinda unnecessary since the Wii U has backwards compatibility with the Wii?

And in unrelated news, New Super Mario Bros DS is 10 years old today, as of the time I'm writing this (at least according to Google). Who knew?

And in further unrelated news, next year Super Mario Galaxy turns 10. All these games from my childhood that I remember are turning 10!

ReputationRep:
    That game was 10 years ago? hell

ReputationRep:
    I liked the TP remake, though it was basically the same game with very few tweaks and improved graphics.

I don't really know if it was worth the remake though.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a total Zelda nerd, so I bought it with the amiibo. It's beautiful and I loved it!

But yeah, just another money-making remake

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 1, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.