Girls - I need your advice on a body problem Watch

This discussion is closed.
neha p
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i think its perfectly normal to miss periods. i have a regular cycle apart from when im very stressed ie when doing exams. i missed mine during the exam period.
you can also miss periods if you havnt eaten properly for ages. i knew someone who fasted for ages and missed hers for 5 months!!!
im pretty sure you have nothing to worry about. if you miss ut again next month and you are still worried, go see a doc.

neha
xxxx
randdom
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by BlueAngel)
I was due to start my periods last week, as I had all the common symptoms before hand which I always have such as tummy ache, larger breasts and getting too emotional. But It never happened, and I have always had a regular period cycle.
Now all my symptoms have disapperead and I feel normal, and I havent begun this months period. Have I missed it?

Is there a way, I can start them or eat summit to begin them. I am on the pill, but I dont take it alot of times, and also I have never had irregular periods before.

I wasnt stressed alot, even though It was my exams, my diet hasnt changed. So what has caused this?

Le gra BlueAngel
Yeah that happend to me the summer after my g.c.s.e's. I just randomly didn't have my period and i am normally like clockwork. nothing for a month then i i got it again the right time the next month :confused: it was very strange.
Don Quixote
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Cossack)
(p.s not sure what a period is, something to do with the moon?)
Lunacy.
KandyKane
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I was due to start my periods last week, as I had all the common symptoms before hand which I always have such as tummy ache, larger breasts and getting too emotional. But It never happened, and I have always had a regular period cycle.
Now all my symptoms have disapperead and I feel normal, and I havent begun this months period. Have I missed it?

Is there a way, I can start them or eat summit to begin them. I am on the pill, but I dont take it alot of times, and also I have never had irregular periods before.

I wasnt stressed alot, even though It was my exams, my diet hasnt changed. So what has caused this?

Le gra BlueAngel
Don´t worry, it´s gonna be alright. I sometimes miss periods too, usually because of stress.
Homegrownkitten
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I havnt has a period for over a year because Im on the injection contraceptive. Im so grateful as my periods were really bad.
John Paul Jones
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Homegrownkitten)
I havnt has a period for over a year because Im on the injection contraceptive. Im so grateful as my periods were really bad.

as bloody as a hammer horror film?
neha p
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by John Paul Jones)
as bloody as a hammer horror film?
oh be quiet. guys get all the more interested when the thread is addressed to girls and they will join in even though they dont know the next thing about periods!! lol :rolleyes:
leda swanson
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by KandyKane)
Don´t worry, it´s gonna be alright. I sometimes miss periods too, usually because of stress.

my periods have been really irregular for the past couple of years. doctor says its because i'm too skinny- but i'm a size 12. my mum has really irregular periods too. she reckons some people just do
John Paul Jones
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by neha p)
oh be quiet. guys get all the more interested when the thread is addressed to girls and they will join in even though they dont know the next thing about periods!! lol :rolleyes:

listen, i know many things - stop moaning, we all get a little stomach pain sometimes lol
KiLLeRSpaM
Report 14 years ago
My girlfriend is also on the pill, and she is usually very regular. She missed a period a few months ago, but it was followed by a heavy one the next month.
zazy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
It has to better than having two heavy ones in the same month...growllllllllll
AngelofnoColour
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
(Original post by zazy)

what grow?? 2 heavy ones, ooo poor u.
zazy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
growl......not right now...but it was awful...
chats
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i think she meant growl
AngelofnoColour
Rep:
?
(Original post by zazy)

yeh growl, sorry I thought they were exclamation marks.
marychrist
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
If you're not taking the pill a lot of the time, I'd tend to blame that.

I'm on the pill, and take it everyday, but used to take it very irregularly, which messed up my period and I used to bleed(heavily) on the third week instead of the fourth.

I suppose if it doesn't improve you should visit yr doctor.
jackgiraffe
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
could be polycystic ovary syndrome, if it happens again you might want to get a scan to see if you have cysts. it's very common (about 1/3 women have it, many don't know for years), and usually mild.
sashh
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I have been on it since 15, not due to the fact I commit sexual activity regular. Its a medical reason, cos I have hot flushes and painful heavy periods, so I have to take the pill at least a couple of times a month. Not every day.
HUH!!

that's the most stupid thing I've ever heard - assuming you are talking about the contraceptive pill.

If you have heavy periods then the pill can help but you have to take it as you would for contraception. If you are messing about taking a couple here and there you will really mess up your body's cycle and it is no wonder you have missed one. It also INCREASES your chance of pregnancy if you do have a sexual relationship.

go see a doctor and have the thing explained.
pinkegokane
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Homegrownkitten)
i was thinking about going on that.. are there any side effects?
AngelofnoColour
Rep:
?
(Original post by sashh)
HUH!!

that's the most stupid thing I've ever heard - assuming you are talking about the contraceptive pill.

If you have heavy periods then the pill can help but you have to take it as you would for contraception. If you are messing about taking a couple here and there you will really mess up your body's cycle and it is no wonder you have missed one. It also INCREASES your chance of pregnancy if you do have a sexual relationship.

go see a doctor and have the thing explained.

My doc told me to only take it everyday, a week before my period. So I only took 7 every month. Its been fine with me. I havent got pregnant yet.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is most responsible for your success at university

Mostly me (702)
90.93%
Mostly my university including my lecturers/tutors (70)
9.07%

Watched Threads