Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Is there anyone else because i feel so ridiculous. Feel so far behind on life and if i do even go uni next year ill be older than everybody
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Heyapresto)
    Is there anyone else because i feel so ridiculous. Feel so far behind on life and if i do even go uni next year ill be older than everybody
    I've moved your post to the Mature Students forum. You'll find many people with the same concern... and also the fact is there are many 21+ undergraduates.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    Hi there. I'm 20 at the moment and have had similar concerns. As Jneil says above, 21+ "Mature" students are very much a thing. I wouldn't worry about it. Societies have people from all the years and you can always choose to associate with the masters/3rd years if you want. There will undoubtedly be older people in the 1st year too :yep:.

When I start uni next year, I'll be 21 (22 in the Dec).

ReputationRep:
    I'm 22 and nobody has given me any problems about my age, heck you could even just straight up lie about it and say your 19 or somet lol

But imo it's not a big deal, I just say I left school then worked for a bit first then come uni.. Which is true..

ReputationRep:
    I'm the same, I'm 21 now but will be 22 when I start Uni next summer, I'm worried about fitting in especially considering I'm not not much of a party animal, netflix and take out over bars and beers anyday! :P

ReputationRep:
    How the **** does 21 make you a mature student ?

ReputationRep:

I know what you mean. I am 20 and when I go to uni, I will be 21 in the first few weeks.

However, I did have 3 years out of education due to illness. would they still class me as a mature student?? (I am currently in 6th form).

ReputationRep:
    I'll be 24 when I go to University in October. You shouldn't feel ridiculous about it. You're embarking on a learning experience in so many senses of the word. It doesn't matter what age you are. Just enjoy it, enjoy it completely.

ReputationRep:
    Don't feel bad about it, it's never too late! My dad did not get a degree in his youth and decided to enter uni at the age of 40 and he's doing great. Also around the age of 21 there is not so much of an age gap between you and younger students yet, so I'm sure you will be able to find friends and like-minded people.

ReputationRep:
    via Imgflip Meme Maker

ReputationRep:
    No age is too old, if you want to do it go for it. There'll be other mature students around and a lot of people take gap years and don't start until 19/20 anyway. Also from what I've gathered most unis accommodate older students together as well.

I'm starting at 27 in September and there's guys in their 30's on my Access Course.

ReputationRep:
    23 year old undergraduate checking in here.

Moving into 'halls' for post grads/mature students/young professionals next year.

ReputationRep:
    i'm 21 and haven't been to uni yet there is a rather special course i want to do but it will cost $12,500 A MONTH in total
    Spoiler:
    Show
    albeit that some is reclaimable at the end such as selling the car i'd use for the duration

ReputationRep:
    You're not too old!

ReputationRep:
    22. starting uni in september.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.