Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    What does Everyone feel about "skipping " lessons to revise. I feel it's come to the point where some lessons are pointless particularly essay based subject's. And it's a case of sitting at home and revising from notes. I'm at A2 and exam leave isn't till end of may so we only really get a week before the first exam. I'm not skipping full days it's more of me picking and choosing, what I feel ill benefit from. So what should I say to my college/sixth form office to leave lesson. Do I be truthful and hope they agree. My only worry is the college being annoyed and preventing me from leaving. What should I say and is anyone else doing the same?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CAPTAINSHAZAM)
    What does Everyone feel about "skipping " lessons to revise. I feel it's come to the point where some lessons are pointless particularly essay based subject's. And it's a case of sitting at home and revising from notes. I'm at A2 and exam leave isn't till end of may so we only really get a week before the first exam. I'm not skipping full days it's more of me picking and choosing, what I feel ill benefit from. So what should I say to my college/sixth form office to leave lesson. Do I be truthful and hope they agree. My only worry is the college being annoyed and preventing me from leaving. What should I say and is anyone else doing the same?
    To be completely honest, they probably won't let you do that if you tell them that that's what you are going to do.

My study leave is also at the end of May, I don't think its really necessary to skip lessons, I mean surely if you have exams in all your subjects all those lessons would be worthwhile going to? Each to their own I guess..

ReputationRep:
    It you get more done at home, then why go in? I have quite a few lessons where sure we go over stuff, but stuff I know perfectly well and it's a wasted hour. I think what you're doing is mature and sensible as long as you're not skipping whole days etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cookiemonster15)
    To be completely honest, they probably won't let you do that if you tell them that that's what you are going to do.

My study leave is also at the end of May, I don't think its really necessary to skip lessons, I mean surely if you have exams in all your subjects all those lessons would be worthwhile going to? Each to their own I guess..
    For certain lessons like biology yeh, but for others like psychology its not about understanding its a case of learning and memorizing, which is why i feel id benefit more myself.

In the end i told them straight and they said it was up to me, so yeh... Its more because they know im not one to skip for the sake of it, and its literally the odd lesson in a week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Calzs34)
    It you get more done at home, then why go in? I have quite a few lessons where sure we go over stuff, but stuff I know perfectly well and it's a wasted hour. I think what you're doing is mature and sensible as long as you're not skipping whole days etc.
    Yeh its literally a lesson or so a week out of the 3 subjects i do during the week.

ReputationRep:
    I've done it quite a few times - my economics class was given a mock exam in unit four recently, and I hadn't had a chance to revise it yet since I was focussing on finishing unit three. I knew there was no chance of me doing well in it and a negative result would probably have lowered my morale, so I decided to skip it and revise for one of my upcoming AS exams

ReputationRep:
    For certain lessons like biology yeh, but for others like psychology its not about understanding its a case of learning and memorizing, which is why i feel id benefit more myself.

In the end i told them straight and they said it was up to me, so yeh... Its more because they know im not one to skip for the sake of it, and its literally the odd lesson in a week.
    If you feel like that's what would benefit you the most then as long as they know about it it seems fine.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.