Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

A primary or secondary school teacher? And your reasons?

ReputationRep:
    Good...They said teacher.

I don't have a preference.

ReputationRep:
    Neither...my reasoning will make me seem like a d!ck, so I'll pass haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spv)
    You murdered a child and now you have a restraining order?

You do understand by omitting your reasoning i'm going to assume the worst right?

(Original post by spv)
    Low pay?

ReputationRep:
    Primary. Secondary school teachers have far too much marking and stress.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Low pay?
    Not just that, but a relationship to my standard wouldn't work while being a surgeon.

ReputationRep:
    Fecking either, a lot of people think secondary school teachers are more skilled, but it's not true. Granted, they can deal with more difficult behaviour (or should be able to), but I think it takes real skill to be able to teach things to tiny humans in primary school, concepts are foreign to them and obviously they have no basic knowledge of anything - it's about building a starting block which I think is the most difficult and most telling stage. You know more about a kids intelligence and potential from their Y6 results than any other grading system IMO, by secondary school other factors set in and lines are blurred.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think it makes any difference to me.

ReputationRep:
    A primary school teacher because they tend to be much nicer ladies than the secondary school ones.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 7, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.