Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Would you resort to Cannabalism in desperate circumstances? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I read about this man who after a plane crash, opted to cannibalize other passengers in a bid to survive without food in his snowy surrounds, he was left distraught, so he says.

My question is, would you do the same as this man or decide to starve until help arrives.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ars-later.html

ReputationRep:
    Nobody's answer here will be valid because we're all comfortably sitting in front of a computer with food near us. Nobody knows how they will behave when put in a situation where you can either choose to starve to death (a long, painful process) or to resort to eating a human carcass.

ReputationRep:
    Why would you only do it when you feel desperate? 😎

ReputationRep:
    If there were corpses around and I saw them as my only means of survival, yes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CharlieBz)
    I read about this man who after a plane crash, opted to cannibalize other passengers in a bid to survive without food in his snowy surrounds, he was left distraught, so he says.

My question is, would you do the same as this man or decide to starve until help arrives.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ars-later.html
    I would starve

ReputationRep:
    I hope that I would starve.

There are some things that I know I would not recover from, and eating another human being is probably one of them.

My quality of life, for the rest of my life after an event like that doesn't bear thinking about...

ReputationRep:
    Probably... I would force myself too. There would be two choices : starve to death or eat a dead human body.

I going to have to say probably. I'm not really in the situation at the moment to claim I'm 100 percent sure on it. When it comes to survival and my own life, yeah. I would do it. The only problem is how am I going to cook human flesh without getting myself sick? As morbid it as it soon, its survival. I wouldn't care about a person who is already dead and my life would be in danger. I fear death more than I fear cannibalism. Its the process of cutting, cooking, and cleaning that would worry me. Starving to death sounds like somewhat moral decision but if it really came to it I probably eat a dead body thinking about the possibility of coming home than the short term consequences.

Eating a dead body sure sounds icky but hey at least there be a higher possibility I survive, right?

ReputationRep:
    It said corpses.

To be honest I assume that before starving I would eat a corpse. Killing someone for food, that's a totally different story.

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty sure most people would eat a dead body rather than starve to death.

Yes of course!

Tbh I'm really curious as to what human flesh tastes like :giggle:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by homeland.lsw)
    Yes of course!

Tbh I'm really curious as to what human flesh tastes like :giggle:
    Supposedly human flesh tastes similar to pork. I hate pork

(Original post by preetg97)
    Supposedly human flesh tastes similar to pork. I hate pork
    I don't mind pork...I wouldn't go out of my way to eat it, but I occasionally fancy a nice pork chop.

Really I'm more of a fish person :yes:

ReputationRep:
    I'd like to say no, obviously. But honestly, if I were starving, and there were corpses, I might eat them, because I have no idea how desperate I would be right now as I'm waiting to leave for a meal. As long as I don't turn into a wendigo! But killing someone to eat them? I am certain I would never, ever do this.

ReputationRep:
    Totally.
    Plus I also kinda really want to try it.

Any volunteers ? :eating:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 7, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.