The Student Room Group

Sadiq Khan looks set to be UK's most powerful Muslim

Scroll to see replies

Original post by barnetlad
13.5% Muslim, 52.9% Christian, 30% no faith, according to the 2011 census.

+1. A pathetic (and factually incorrect) comment from her really.
what are sadiqs environmental views/policies? The reason I like zac is because he knows that bumblebees are about to be extinct and we're on the verge of an environmental calamity
Original post by BubbleBoobies

by the way
3:00 and 8:35
and 1:52
"ohh, look at the lightsabers" he says
what about the ****ing terrorist flags

wtaf that is not a terrorist flag, its a flag that says lailahailAllah you plonker

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=lailahailallah&espv=2&biw=1366&bih=667&site=webhp&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiL1qShpcbMAhXlLsAKHR3HDK4Q_AUIBigB

which means there is no deity but God, its not an ****ing terrorists flag. just cos its in bloody arabic doesnt means ****

سلمئ this isn't a terrorists word or anything, its my bloody name, you cant read arabic so stfu

its like me going, oh look the guy has a rainbow on his shirt hes bloody homosexual or something dumb and stereotypical like that:facepalm:
Original post by Habibananna
Aww, that's adorabe you got out of tumblr and used a thesaurus to sound more knowledgeable. Nobody totally understands your pain right now... I'm sorry this is too easy.

"ad-hominem" isn't a synonym for anything. it's a concept. :| so why would you need a thesaurus to know about it? too easy? too easy making yourself appear really ****in' stupid?
Original post by Habibananna
I would reply but my keyboard is messed up, plz don't slash your wrist over this, remember it's not your fault! MY G0D, can people stop with the victim blaming it's disgusting, absolutely horrendous!!!

...are you having a seizure...?
Reply 105
Original post by infairverona
Annoyed and disappointed but not at all surprised, London is basically a Muslim city so they are obviously going to vote for a Muslim mayor.

The Tories should have made a better campaign. They made a good campaign in Scotland and outperformed the Labour for the first time since...

Original post by HOLA255
Where is your source?

The link you provided:
"There are 175,974 white Irish; 8,196 white Gypsies or Irish travellers, and one million "white other", according to the figures."
Added to "In London 3.7 million out of 8.2 million usual residents are white British, the figures show."

So you have almost 4.9 million of whites on 8.2 million of Londoners.

Original post by barnetlad
13.5% Muslim, 52.9% Christian, 30% no faith, according to the 2011 census.

It's not even sure that all Muslims voted for him considering his vote for gay marriage. We should later get some stats to see that.

Original post by Fullofsurprises
Lovely tweet from Zac Goldsmith's sister, Jemima.

https://twitter.com/Jemima_Khan?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Lots of Tories busy distancing themselves from Goldsmith's campaign tonight.

It annoys me that he is reduced to his Muslim background.
Original post by gr8wizard10
britain invaded how many countries? should the british flag not be flown anywhere? logic/10

recommended: delete your account until you turn 13

:rofl:
Original post by Josb
The Tories should have made a better campaign. They made a good campaign in Scotland and outperformed the Labour for the first time since...

The link you provided:
"There are 175,974 white Irish; 8,196 white Gypsies or Irish travellers, and one million "white other", according to the figures."
Added to "In London 3.7 million out of 8.2 million usual residents are white British, the figures show."

So you have almost 4.9 million of whites on 8.2 million of Londoners.

It's not even sure that all Muslims voted for him considering his vote for gay marriage. We should later get some stats to see that.

It annoys me that he is reduced to his Muslim background.

I didn't provide any link.
It's a shame. I think Zac Goldsmith would have made a great mayor, following in Boris' footsteps. Let's thank Boris for 8 years of serving our city though, tomorrow can be Khan's congratulations day.
Original post by Bornblue
Indeed. The funniest thing he said was 'I'm hoping to do a Leicester city and zoom in from behind to win'. Leicester have been ahead pretty much all season...
Eton boys should stop trying to talk about football when they care nothing about in an attempt to be seen as 'one of the guys'!

Yeah, there's really no excuse for stuff like that. I agree with you that pretending to be something you're not generally doesn't get you anywhere, but if you're going to you could at least have an intern google it for you.

Like, I don't know what would possess you to claim to be a fan of Bollywood without googling for one film and one actor. These are completely obvious follow-up questions. If you're not ready for them that's just incompetence.
Reply 111
Original post by HOLA255
I didn't provide any link.

Really?

Original post by HOLA255
Majority in London are non-white.
2011 stats
2011 Census: 45% of Londoners white British - BBC Newswww.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-2068056511 Dec 2012 - Forty-five per cent of people in London are white British, the 2011 census ... The census shows London is the most ethnically diverse area in ...
Original post by TimmonaPortella
Yeah, there's really no excuse for stuff like that. I agree with you that pretending to be something you're not generally doesn't get you anywhere, but if you're going to you could at least have an intern google it for you.

Like, I don't know what would possess you to claim to be a fan of Bollywood without googling for one film and one actor. These are completely obvious follow-up questions. If you're not ready for them that's just incompetence.

Haha I saw that. Cringeworthy.

by the way
3:00 and 8:35
and 1:52
"ohh, look at the lightsabers" he says
what about the ****ing terrorist flags

Did you not see what the name of the "Muslim rally" was?
THE GLOBAL PEACE & UNITY EVENT.
Original post by DMcGovern
Did you not see what the name of the "Muslim rally" was?
THE GLOBAL PEACE & UNITY EVENT.

yeah, that's bound to prevent radicals showing up to promote their version of 'peace'
yeah, that's bound to prevent radicals showing up to promote their version of 'peace'

How is that even an argument? It's a global peace rally.

By that reasoning it's stupid to let Brits into peace rallies seeing as their empire is notorious for being one of, if not the most brutal, vile and murderous regimes to plague the world, and their army has pillaged, raped and murdered millions across the world in pursuit of "making the world England".
Original post by DMcGovern
How is that even an argument? It's a global peace rally.

because all muslims interpret their religion as peaceful, whether it's atually peaceful or not. that's my argument :|

By that reasoning it's stupid to let Brits into peace rallies seeing as their empire is notorious for being one of, if not the most brutal, vile and murderous regimes to plague the world, and their army has pillaged, raped and murdered millions across the world in pursuit of "making the world England".

yeah, about 300 years ago. are you ever going to let this go? in that case, you're essentially saying that no nation can ever call itself peaceful, because all nations have gone to war, in one way or another :| in reality though, in TODAY's world, there are islamic terrorists, but the UK government is not terroristic. that's the problem here - you are saying that the UK government TODAY is just as bad.
Original post by Trapz99
It's a shame. I think Zac Goldsmith would have made a great mayor, following in Boris' footsteps. Let's thank Boris for 8 years of serving our city though, tomorrow can be Khan's congratulations day.

his campaign really put me off him and i was a fan before

big mistake to concentrate on sadie khan's religion and extremism instead of trying to ham through what he would do for London..

He needs to look at Ruth Davidson in the future. She in campaigning in a very liberal 'left' wing area yet has made grounds because she has shown to have the Scottish people at heart/
because all muslims interpret their religion as peaceful, whether it's atually peaceful or not. that's my argument :|

You're trying to suggest that terrorists or their sympathisers are going to see a Global Peace rally and think "sounds like a great place to go in and promote terrorism"

yeah, about 300 years ago. are you ever going to let this go?

No, the British state was actively involved in collusion with loyalist terrorists at least 20 years ago in Ireland.

See Pat Finucane, who was just one of hundreds murdered by British forces 20 years ago; and I don't need to remind you of Bloody Sunday, the notorious event in which British paratroopers murdered 14 innocent civilians.

in that case, you're essentially saying that no nation can ever call itself peaceful, because all nations have gone to war, in one way or another

No, just ones like Britain, and Israel.

:| in reality though, in TODAY's world, there are islamic terrorists, but the UK government is not terroristic. that's the problem here - you are saying that the UK government TODAY is just as bad.

It could be argued that the British government is.
They are involved in the bombing of "ISIS" targets when in reality these "targets" are civilian towns and cities, which mean that their homes and lives are being torn apart by them, some injured by them, some killed.

Either way, you've gone off-topic. Khan never was and never will be an Islamic sympathiser, being a left-winger who believes in same-sex marriage, secularism and so on.
Stop listening to the media's anti-leftist propaganda machine and wise up.
Original post by Bornblue
Indeed. The funniest thing he said was 'I'm hoping to do a Leicester city and zoom in from behind to win'. Leicester have been ahead pretty much all season...
Eton boys should stop trying to talk about football when they care nothing about in an attempt to be seen as 'one of the guys'!

LooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooL

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending