Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

GCSE Students only watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    how did people find the business studies paper??? EdExcel
    im glad the last question was worth most marks because thats the one i think i did best in it was about maslows theory!

how about maths EdExcel, the first paper was murder i mean it didnt look hard but its was just that i had never seen some of the stuff there which made it hard. the second paper was excellent i hope that they lower the boundaries as the 1st was soooo hard .... well at least for me anyway

was stastics easy or was it just me? (edexcel)

ReputationRep:
    i'm not gonna read the previous posts to this thread, purely on the basis i'll get depressed at all the 10+ a*'s people are expecting. i had one **** of an exam season, i was pretty confident about doing well but the majority of exams seem to have excelled in difficulty from any previous paper or mock i'd ever done. i used to say to myself, what you get at the end is purely what you deserve, and nothing more. i really can't think that anymore.

so, AQA French, predicted B/C, better get B or i'll cry like a fat girl with no cookies

OCR Business, predicted A*/A, A would be nice, business exams aren't easy despite what people say, i think i've a good chance of A* at the end though given yr10/cwk.

AQA English, predicted A/B, hopefully came out with an A.

OCR Double Science, predicted A/B, hope i got two A's. found the exams ok, not easy, but not pathetically hard (fu edexcel). physics alevel for me, so i'll need a B, which i should get. if i dont, again - fat girl/no cookies.

Edexcel Maths - predicted A*/A, but after that little bundle of joy, i've now made the more realistic self-prediction of B/C. can't be anymore specific than that, since the grade boundaries are obviously now b0rked, and there's far too much speculation. there goes my best/fave subject.

AQA Food Tech, cant find my pred. grade, was B/C afaik. couldn't care less about it, as long as i dont fail it. C would be nice, can't have done worse than D.

Edexcel Statistics - wasn't given pred grade, assume A*/A tho such as maths. think i got an A* in that, and it's not something i was overly bothered about either. easiest exam bar none.

OCR Media Studies - predicted A/B, cant have done worse than an A. coursework was 118/120 and that's 50%. the exams are my shortcomings however, don't seem to be able to do them as well as i should, probally got an A in that.

so that's, 2A*, 4A's, 1B, 1C.
    5 A-C's for sixth form, b minimums for maths physics and french.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not actually sure about some of these exam boards but anyway:

AQA:

English Language: B - Not really too bothered about this, exam went well and I got a B on my coursework.
    English Literature: B - Same as with Language
    Business Studies: B - Really messed up my exam but hopefully my grade isn't too low. Coursework was a A/B borderline.
    Design and Technology: C
    French: D -I hate that subject!

Edexcel:

Maths: A - I didn't actually find the exam that hard! I don't know what mark I got for my coursework but it shouldn't be that bad
    Double Science: BB - Did pretty badly in exam but got Bs for my modulars and coursework and that adds up to 50% and I'm relying on getting BB so I can take Biology at college I'm trying to be confident!

Unknown board:

ICT Something: No idea!

lol I have the worst here so far!

ReputationRep:

Hi. Most of the exam boards from the exams I sat were AQA, although ICT, science and business studies was OCR. Here are the grades I think I'll likely end up with:

English: A
    English language: A
    History: A/B (I think it will be real borderline)
    Single Science: B/C
    Geography: A
    Business and Communication Studies: A/B
    Maths: B
    French: C
    Graphic Design: B
    ICT: A*

As long as I get at least 5 A's, I'll be smiling on results day. I revised for the likes of geography and all my time went to certain subjects, and some subjects like history and english was more 'the night before' revision. Ah well, I'll try harder at A level.

Best of luck to you :]

ReputationRep:
    probably 4*s and 6As or 5A*s and 5As
    but i couldn't care less as long as i pass english and maths (as well as science and geo for next year)

ReputationRep:
    This is what I was predicted and what I've think I got in brackets:

Edexcel:

Maths: A* (A - my teacher hadn't taught us 95% of anything)
    French: B (B - hopefully)
    Drama: A/B (B - don't feel I did enough to warrant (sp) an A)
    Art: A/A* (A - I actually missed this exam originally because I was in hospital)

AQA:

Media Studies: A/B (I don't know about this, my coursework was pretty slammin and that's worth 50%, but the exam was a bit crap (I was ill when i was doing it tho - straight after the exam I was at the docs) so I'll go with B and hope I get lucky)
    English Lit: A/B (B - exam was crap, but I did have tonsillitus and a ragin temp when I was doing the exam)
    English Lang: A/B (B, A if I'm lucky)
    Stats: A* (A maybe)

OCR:

Double Science: AA/A*A* (hoping for A*A* *fingers crossed)
    Geography: B (coursework was 25% and I got fed up with it and did crap so I had to work my butt off revising, B, hopefully an A though)

ReputationRep:
    AQA
    Maths A* (last year)
    Geography A/A*
    English A
    English Lit A
    Science A*A*
    German A/A*

EDEXCEL
    Business Studies A*
    Tech graphics A/A*

OCR
    RS A

CCEA
    ICT A*

ReputationRep:
    AQA
    Maths A* (last year)
    Geography A/A*
    English A
    English Lit A
    Science A*A*
    German A/A*

EDEXCEL
    Business Studies A*
    Tech graphics A/A*

OCR
    RS A

CCEA
    ICT A*

ReputationRep:
    I'm predicted:

OCR
    Physics A*
    Chemistry A*
    Biology A*

Edexcel
    Maths A
    History A

AQA
    French A*
    German A*
    English Lit A*
    English Lang A*

But the english A*'s are a bit of a joke, and I think I screwed up the exam a bit ( wrong target audience for my speech etc). I would love to get these grades, but I think that a few more will be A's, not A*s.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vmong)
    hi all,
    so guys what do you reckon you will get for your results on 26 August???
    if you can please put the examing body so people can discuss how it went as one exam may have been different to another.

i bet people will say things like A* all thw way lol, i just want to know what others are like and see if im far behind

I am only in y10 but did 3 exams and am hopin 2 get:
    RE (full GCSE) A/A* bcoz dats wot im predicted, but wasn't lovin ppr 1 dat much

Science (module 1 20%) A/B (hopefully!)

Spanish (module 2 20%) a pass! C-A, b okay with any pass!

ReputationRep:
    does anyone know how to calculate the amoung of amrks you got in double science beofre hand im on Edexcel

for my 12 modules i got
    3A*, 6A and 4B

for my ncoursework i got an A it was just below the marks for A*, i rememebr because my teacher said that and she said its the marks that matter not the grade.

the exam went terrible becausxe i was said to be "cheating" and had a nervous breakdown in the exam after they allowed my to continue!!

any help on calculation would be very grateful.

i think that on average i got about 22-27 on each paper.

thanks ion advance

ReputationRep:
    hiya there wot an excellent thread to discuss all this well................
    Here is what i would like to get and what i was predicted,

edexcel
    higher history b/c
    maths a*

AQA
    english b/a
    english literature b/a
    geography b/a/a*
    science c/d- i hate science
    french c/b
    media c/b
    ict c/b i would actually rather mark myself dwn then feel really dissapointed on results day

ocr
    textiles a/a* well if i do get anywhere near these grades i will be on top of the moon on results day as long as i get a B in geog and english and 5 A-C grades i will be a really HAPPY BUNNY!!!!! but im mainly lookin at As and Bs tanks Bye xxxxxxxx reply if u wish to tell me if dey r good or not

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.