Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter
    Offline

    9
    ReputationRep:
    How many hours am I going to have to put in? Is it possible?
    Offline

    18
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ronnydandam)
    How many hours am I going to have to put in? Is it possible?
    AS ? A2? GCSE? Exam board?


    Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Thread Starter
    Offline

    9
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sacred ground)
    as ? A2? Gcse? Exam board?


    posted from tsr mobile
    as ocr a
    Offline

    20
    ReputationRep:
    Highly unlikely, unless you have an insane memory
    Offline

    18
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ronnydandam)
    as ocr a
    Do you know any of the course? When did you get the D? Recent mock result? There's a lot of factors which could make it doable to achieve an A. If you know the content but just need to consolidate the exam technique through past papers, I think an A is doable. If you don't know much and you're struggling with content as well as exam technique, I'm afraid an A is unlikely. Right now you should focus on past papers to try and understand what each question is asking for and memorise (as much as that's not the best thing to do) because you've left it too late to revise the whole course. Focus of revising your weak points and consolidating your strong points with exam questions... Then do exam questions for your weak points. Good luck!
    • Thread Starter
    Offline

    9
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheFarmerLad)
    Highly unlikely, unless you have an insane memory
    fair enough
    Offline

    20
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ronnydandam)
    fair enough
    Not trying to put you down but be realistic; don't fall for the common work ethic that 'with hard work anything is possible' :facepalm:
    • Thread Starter
    Offline

    9
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sacred Ground)
    Do you know any of the course? When did you get the D? Recent mock result? There's a lot of factors which could make it doable to achieve an A. If you know the content but just need to consolidate the exam technique through past papers, I think an A is doable. If you don't know much and you're struggling with content as well as exam technique, I'm afraid an A is unlikely. Right now you should focus on past papers to try and understand what each question is asking for and memorise (as much as that's not the best thing to do) because you've left it too late to revise the whole course. Focus of revising your weak points and consolidating your strong points with exam questions... Then do exam questions for your weak points. Good luck!
    I know about 60% of the course. For that 60% I have done past papers on that 60% and got low As due to not including certain keywords but I have made notes on those and will learn them. But the other 40% I have no idea about so I'm probably a U at? What do you think my chances are? Say I have 4 full days to dedicate to biology before my first exam for it and then probably 2 more full days to dedicate to it before my 2nd biology exam. And thank you!
    • Thread Starter
    Offline

    9
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheFarmerLad)
    Not trying to put you down but be realistic; don't fall for the common work ethic that 'with hard work anything is possible' :facepalm:
    Yeah that's true fair enough, what do you think about aiming for a B? Because that way they probably will still predict me an A* as they have mentioned that if someone gets a C they should predict them a B but end up predicting As most of the time
    Offline

    18
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ronnydandam)
    I know about 60% of the course. For that 60% I have done past papers on that 60% and got low As due to not including certain keywords but I have made notes on those and will learn them. But the other 40% I have no idea about so I'm probably a U at? What do you think my chances are? Say I have 4 full days to dedicate to biology before my first exam for it and then probably 2 more full days to dedicate to it before my 2nd biology exam. And thank you!
    You seem to have good knowledge regarding some of the course; a solid 4-6 days of intense revision, including learning the mark scheme (as in which key words to put in a question) is definitely going to stand you in good stead for obtaining a good result. I personally think if you dedicate yourself to exam practice over the next week or so and nail the key words in each question you could achieve a B maybe an A. It all depends how well you are at remembering the key words such as 'enzyme-substrate complex' is vital in an enzyme question - if you get this aced, I'm sure you'll succeed. Good luck, you've got this! Workkkk
    • Thread Starter
    Offline

    9
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sacred Ground)
    You seem to have good knowledge regarding some of the course; a solid 4-6 days of intense revision, including learning the mark scheme (as in which key words to put in a question) is definitely going to stand you in good stead for obtaining a good result. I personally think if you dedicate yourself to exam practice over the next week or so and nail the key words in each question you could achieve a B maybe an A. It all depends how well you are at remembering the key words such as 'enzyme-substrate complex' is vital in an enzyme question - if you get this aced, I'm sure you'll succeed. Good luck, you've got this! Workkkk
    Thanks a lot man! I shall do! Do you think I should learn exam answers straight off the markscheme before using my revision book to save time? Or learn from book first and then do papers and learn keywords(like I have done so far) Thanks a lot man good luck to you too
    Offline

    20
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ronnydandam)
    Yeah that's true fair enough, what do you think about aiming for a B? Because that way they probably will still predict me an A* as they have mentioned that if someone gets a C they should predict them a B but end up predicting As most of the time
    A B is a realistic prediction. If you get an A, I'll take my hat off. Did you not do any revision for your mocks? Have you started revising at all yet?
    • Thread Starter
    Offline

    9
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheFarmerLad)
    A B is a realistic prediction. If you get an A, I'll take my hat off. Did you not do any revision for your mocks? Have you started revising at all yet?
    I intend to make you take your hat off I did some but they were in Jan
    I know about 60% of the course. For that 60% I have done past papers on that 60% and got low As due to not including certain keywords but I have made notes on those and will learn them. But the other 40% I have no idea about so I'm probably a U at? What do you think my chances are? Say I have 4 full days to dedicate to biology before my first exam for it and then probably 2 more full days to dedicate to it before my 2nd biology exam.
    Offline

    12
    ReputationRep:
    Practice a lot of mock papers and good luck!
    • Thread Starter
    Offline

    9
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drax101)
    Practice a lot of mock papers and good luck!
    thanks man I will
    Offline

    18
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ronnydandam)
    Thanks a lot man! I shall do! Do you think I should learn exam answers straight off the markscheme before using my revision book to save time? Or learn from book first and then do papers and learn keywords(like I have done so far) Thanks a lot man good luck to you too
    With such little time, I'd recommend learning the mark scheme for simple concepts such as enzymes. For the harder topics, I recommend revising the actual content and then doing past paper questions. It's vital you actually understand what you're writing for the harder topics, such as immunity, because these are often incorporated into data interpretation questions and if you don't know how it works, you won't be able to answer the questions. So yeah.... To summarise, easy questions which are often repeated such as enzymes just learn the mark scheme. For harder topics, such as the heart, understand how the mechanisms work as the questions can be asked in various ways. Hope I helped!
    • Thread Starter
    Offline

    9
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sacred Ground)
    With such little time, I'd recommend learning the mark scheme for simple concepts such as enzymes. For the harder topics, I recommend revising the actual content and then doing past paper questions. It's vital you actually understand what you're writing for the harder topics, such as immunity, because these are often incorporated into data interpretation questions and if you don't know how it works, you won't be able to answer the questions. So yeah.... To summarise, easy questions which are often repeated such as enzymes just learn the mark scheme. For harder topics, such as the heart, understand how the mechanisms work as the questions can be asked in various ways. Hope I helped!
    Thanks man! I shall do that, thankfully I've done immunity and the heart and still do have enzymes and other easier topics like cell membranes and cell structure to do! You helped a lot and I appreciate it!
    Offline

    12
    ReputationRep:
    Your welcome.

    You are doing fine, if you know 60% of the course and are getting low A's in the mock then this should carry you forward in the exam with confidence.

    I know a guy who did a financial accounting exam paper at uni, all he did was revise the mocks and he got 64% in the real exam, he literally printed out and revised and memorised the question of 8 mocks papers and in the exam he quickly pencilled down how to work this and that calculation, question out so this could jhog his memory.

    All the best!
    • Thread Starter
    Offline

    9
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drax101)
    Your welcome.

    You are doing fine, if you know 60% of the course and are getting low A's in the mock then this should carry you forward in the exam with confidence.

    I know a guy who did a financial accounting exam paper at uni, all he did was revise the mocks and he got 64% in the real exam, he literally printed out and revised and memorised the question of 8 mocks papers and in the exam he quickly pencilled down how to work this and that calculation, question out so this could jhog his memory.

    All the best!
    Thanks a lot man, I shall focus on papers then, just a matter of not procrastinating haha
    Offline

    2
    ReputationRep:
    I'm doing my A2's and I'm retaking this exam and I haven't started revising for it lol, F211 is tiny, I can cover that quickly, F212 is the one that'll be a bit tricky. However it's after half term sooo got time
 
 
 
Reply
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 8, 2016

University open days

  1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reply
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.