The Student Room Group

When is a good time to start revising?

So I'm currently in year 10 and am wondering at what point in year 11 it would be a good time in the year to start revising (obviously not full out, just little bits here and there if need be). Would the beginning be a good idea, or would Christmas be better? Ty
You don't want to start too early. I started at the beginning of Easter and I am feeling unmotivated at the moment. Still revising however I'm just not feeling it. However, you want to ensure that you do your homework and class work and make good notes throughout the whole of year 11. This will save a lot of hassle. If you want, you could start in January and do 30-45 minutes a day. Then build this up to 2-3 hours when it comes to Easter (I'd say 4 - 5 hours on a weekend day is the upper bound for revision. Anything longer is excessive and you need to do other things other than revision). I'm going to be honest with you, with some exams you can get away with not revising until 2 weeks before the exam. Others however do need time.

To answer your question, start in March and you'll ace those exams providing you have proper revision techniques and good class notes.
Original post by AP666
So I'm currently in year 10 and am wondering at what point in year 11 it would be a good time in the year to start revising (obviously not full out, just little bits here and there if need be). Would the beginning be a good idea, or would Christmas be better? Ty

This is exactly what I was thinking last May, and how those Year 11s (at that time) would get on. However, now, for my exams, I am still doing revision in bits and haven't exactly gone hardcore as of yet.

Revise in bits on an ongoing basis is what I say.
Reply 3
Original post by BTAnonymous
You don't want to start too early. I started at the beginning of Easter and I am feeling unmotivated at the moment. Still revising however I'm just not feeling it. However, you want to ensure that you do your homework and class work and make good notes throughout the whole of year 11. This will save a lot of hassle. If you want, you could start in January and do 30-45 minutes a day. Then build this up to 2-3 hours when it comes to Easter (I'd say 4 - 5 hours on a weekend day is the upper bound for revision. Anything longer is excessive and you need to do other things other than revision). I'm going to be honest with you, with some exams you can get away with not revising until 2 weeks before the exam. Others however do need time.

To answer your question, start in March and you'll ace those exams providing you have proper revision techniques and good class notes.

Thank you, I don't want to be really unmotivated. I've just been told that basically my room (where I study) is being redecorated October(ish) time (probably later though). I previously though it was being done in the summer holidays and as I've got to decorate it myself, I'm just a little panicked that it will intefere if all my weekends are spent doing that!

Quick Reply

Latest