Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I've never told anybody this because it's quite weird but it's been happening for many years.

For example at work I work with numbers a lot. So when I'm inputting number into a spread sheet or something I will check the number I've inputted several times. It might just be the number 100 but I will keep checking it to make sure I've typed 100 even though I know I have. And I'll keep checking it constantly like 10-15 times before I'm satisfied that I've definitely typed 100.

I also do this weird thing where I kind of have a night time ritual. I cant sleep unless my curtains - the top part - eyelets I think they're called are equal measurements apart and unless my matters is fully pushed into the top of my bed and my laptop is placed a certain way on my table.

Luckily nobody's noticed I do things like this.

I've googled this and apparently it's a form of OCD. But I always thought OCD was a cleaning obsession. I constantly feel the need to wash my hands but that's about it I don't really care so much if my room's messy or my desk at work.

Does anybody else have such habits? Is there a way to stop? I feel it affects my work and I take too long due to my checking habits.

ReputationRep:
    Go to your GP and tell them all of that, they may be able to help.

ReputationRep:
    Go to your GP, that does sound quite obsessive though

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 1, 1970
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.