Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Any Firmed To Study Adult Nursing At City University For 2016?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

I'm a current city nursing student if you have any questions

Have you firmed your offer?

ReputationRep:
    Hiya
    Can't find much nurses for city 😁
    Yeah I've firmed city for September 😊
    How do you find the course?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Monn91💜)
    Hiya
    Can't find much nurses for city 😁
    Yeah I've firmed city for September 😊
    How do you find the course?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I love it - I'm nearly at the end of my second year now. I work on the adult nursing selection days a lot and all of the adult lecturers are really nice and very knowledgeable so you'll be in good hands. Are you doing the undergraduate or postgraduate course?

I do Child nursing but in first year, adult/child/mental health do the same course at City so you'll meet loads of new people. The university also does an introductory two weeks at the beginning of September where you get to meet everyone so you'll soon find all us City nurses

We have a nursing society group on Facebook too if you want to join that The girls who run it post on there regularly about what the society is up to, nursing news, events that will be coming up. They organise lots of events where more experienced students do q&a's for first years ect so in September there will be loads of things going on

ReputationRep:
    Aww sounds great, I would defiantly love to join the Facebook group.. Does city do them events for first year students where they have all the uni clubs you could possible join and hand out aload of freebies 🙈

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Aww sounds great, I would defiantly love to join the Facebook group.. Does city do them events for first year students where they have all the uni clubs you could possible join and hand out aload of freebies 🙈

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Feel free to search it and join It's just 'City University Nursing Society' (i think lol).

Yep! In Freshers week they hold a freshers fair where all the clubs and societies come together and have stalls showing what they offer and other places like dominoes pizza come and give out loads of freebies - I still go and I'm nearly a 3rd year lol!

ReputationRep:
    That's amazing I will defiantly be attending that..
    How do you find placement? What branch you in? Isit true you don't start placement until May?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    That's amazing I will defiantly be attending that..
    How do you find placement? What branch you in? Isit true you don't start placement until May?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm child branch, nearly in 3rd year now

In first year, you don't go out on placement until May. However, I found this to be beneficial as you have done all your theory/exams/essays before you go so you can just focus on placement. You also have done all your simulated practice so I felt so prepared when I went out

I love placement - I've had such amazing experiences and I've seen stuff I never thought I'd see. Everyday is different so it's definitely never boring! Have you got any experience or anything?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.