Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter


    I'm dropping out after my first year (please, no advice on this). However, I have signed a contract with a landlord to move into a 4 bedroom house with my other friends. Obviously I'm moving back to London and I need to find someone to replace me because I can't afford to be paying that rent. Can anyone help me as to where to start looking? I'm panicking so much.
    • Very Important Poster

    Very Important Poster
    Look at where other students find accommodation at your uni? Do they ahve space on the website, newsagents, union noticeboard, halls of residence, departments etc.

    Try your uni's Accommodation Office and Students Union. Some will have info exchanges for those seeking accommodation. Also, try your uni's Facebook groups etc. Keep enquiries within the uni as having a non-student in a shared student house will make life complicated.

    But first ask those you're sharing with if they can help - the reality is that they'd rather share with someone they know than some random student. Also, your guarantor will need to know what's going on.
What's the best type of cheese?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.