Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Help - Masturbation for "Grounding" Watch

Hello,

Please help, thank you in advance.

This is both a health/relationship issue I guess.

To give you a bit of background I have recently split with my girlfriend after 2/3 years, we had a healthy sexual relationship, sex was regular.

Lovely girl, I will miss her, but I ended it because I didn't see a future in us and I didn't want to string her along. ( I thought long and hard about this and we did try to fix things)

I was looking forward to being single and working on developing myself and my carear but since becoming single my sex drive/testosterone levels have been through the roof, so much so I'm finding it hard to concentrate and I'm not thinking clearly or working hard.

As soon as I masturbate I think rationally again and I become more productive and I feel "grounded", I don't want to have to do this all the time it's not feasible, does anyone have any advice? Will anything else have the same/similar affect on me?

Any suggestions?

Thanks again in advance.

God bless

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hello,

Please help, thank you in advance.

This is both a health/relationship issue I guess.

To give you a bit of background I have recently split with my girlfriend after 2/3 years, we had a healthy sexual relationship, sex was regular.

Lovely girl, I will miss her, but I ended it because I didn't see a future in us and I didn't want to string her along. ( I thought long and hard about this and we did try to fix things)

I was looking forward to being single and working on developing myself and my carear but since becoming single my sex drive/testosterone levels have been through the roof, so much so I'm finding it hard to concentrate and I'm not thinking clearly or working hard.

As soon as I masturbate I think rationally again and I become more productive and I feel "grounded", I don't want to have to do this all the time it's not feasible, does anyone have any advice? Will anything else have the same/similar affect on me?

Any suggestions?

Thanks again in advance.

God bless
    Doubt it. Maybe exercising. LOTS of it, so you're too tired to even think about ****ing.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 6, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.