I hate the fact that universities and my college have my results and I dont. Watch

This discussion is closed.
leanne876
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
help Ithink if this carries on im gonna have a heart attack i feel terrified about not gettin the right results tommorrow. I really want to go to uni but just feel like its so completley out of my hands. I hate the fact that right now universities and college have my results and I dont why dont they give themto us first? we went through the stress of the exam not the universitys. I think we have waited long enough
Adhsur
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I suppose they want the administration done without begging students and phonecalls in the way...? perhaps?
leanne876
Rep:
?
(Original post by Adhsur)
I suppose they want the administration done without begging students and phonecalls in the way...? perhaps?

But its still so unfair. I wish we could apply for uni once we have our results instead of a time when I really didnt no what i wanted
PHIL
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by leanne876)
But its still so unfair. I wish we could apply for uni once we have our results instead of a time when I really didnt no what i wanted
That would also let you apply to a more appropriate uni depending on your grades, but would there be enough time for this to be possible.

Phil
leanne876
Rep:
?
(Original post by PHIL)
That would also let you apply to a more appropriate uni depending on your grades, but would there be enough time for this to be possible.

Phil
Im sorry but my english teacher had her papers marked and sent back within 2 week but the students still have to wait till tomorrow to get their results.. maybe if the just speeded up the inbetweeny bit between marking and publishing results then choices would become available? I just think it would make life so much easier.
PHIL
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by leanne876)
Im sorry but my english teacher had her papers marked and sent back within 2 week but the students still have to wait till tomorrow to get their results.. maybe if the just speeded up the inbetweeny bit between marking and publishing results then choices would become available? I just think it would make life so much easier.
You have to love UK exam boards dont ya. I think the guys in france get their results for their baccalaureate before the end of term!

Phil
leanne876
Rep:
?
(Original post by PHIL)
You have to love UK exam boards dont ya. I think the guys in france get their results for their baccalaureate before the end of term!

Phil
how fantastic would that be?
because i have been working developing a website all summer and now Im not sure that I want to persue the media alevel but my ICT one instead except theres nothing I can do as my future is already mapped out for me you know what i mean? urh this really stresses me out.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
I agree. But mu Uni sent me a letter asking me for £200 advance rent for halls - so does that mean I get in? Would they even ask me for it if i hadnt got in?!
PHIL
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Unregistered)
I agree. But mu Uni sent me a letter asking me for £200 advance rent for halls - so does that mean I get in? Would they even ask me for it if i hadnt got in?!
I doubt they would. when did you get the letter,and from what uni.

Phil
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by PHIL)
I doubt they would. when did you get the letter,and from what uni.

Phil
one uni sent my friend one of them and it was before the exam so I dont no really.
PHIL
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Unregistered)
one uni sent my friend one of them and it was before the exam so I dont no really.
That's just wierd.

Phil
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (220)
12.48%
Excited (165)
9.36%
Worried (308)
17.47%
Terrified (389)
22.06%
Meh (182)
10.32%
Confused (38)
2.16%