Turn on thread page Beta

Reading/Leeds lineups... watch

ReputationRep:
    Have they announced anymore bands to the lineup yet? I've still got a poster with "special guests" on it...

ReputationRep:
    The Distillers are the special guests...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Babyshambles)
    The Distillers are the special guests...
    WHO?! I've never heard of them and they're playing the main stage?! ooh, the lineup this year is disapointing IMHO...

There's one more 'special guest' to be announced then? on the radio one stage?

Edit: On 2nd thoughts, 50 Cent is BOUND to pull out isn't he, like Jay Z did last year (honestly, who books these people for Reading?!) so there's gotta be another act lined up to step in the gap... <fingers Xed for someone good> hehe.

ReputationRep:
    Line up- http://www.readingfestivalonline.co.uk/lineup.php

I'm going to Reading but I wish I went to Glastonbury or T in the Park, or even V. Cos I really want to see Muse live again and they're not playing Reading or Leeds And my other fave band, Feeder, aren't doing any festivals.
    I think I chose the wrong one to go to! The line ups really pooh
    Oh well, it'll be good once I'm there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iisism)
    Line up- http://www.readingfestivalonline.co.uk/lineup.php

I'm going to Reading but I wish I went to Glastonbury or T in the Park, or even V. Cos I really want to see Muse live again and they're not playing Reading or Leeds And my other fave band, Feeder, aren't doing any festivals.
    I think I chose the wrong one to go to! The line ups really pooh
    Oh well, it'll be good once I'm there
    Thanks for the website

I'm desperately trying to get tickets for V, I've always overlooked it as a festival for some reason but the lineup this year is AMAZING! lol

I love Feeder too, I wanted to see them live last year (or was it early this year? oh well...) but I couldn't get tickets

Same - I think that it'll be wicked when we get there lol it'll be fiiiine!

ReputationRep:
    The Main stage at Reading/Leeds is awfull once again (apart from the Saturday) but there are some fantastic bands playing the smaller stages, well, not the conccrete jungle stage...but the Radio 1, Carling and Dance stages have lots of good stuff...no Pixies, Muse, Strokes, Elbow or BRMC though...which is why I'm going to V...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serious narb)

not sure what the best festival is though, they all seem a bit mediocre, i mean The Darkness? FFS:mad:
    I know... when I saw them on the line up I was just like oh god its just going to keep getting worse.
    I wouldn't care what other crappy bands were playing as long as Muse or Feeder or The Coopers or something like that were playing! But nope, just stuff like Lostprophets and 50 cent :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by red665)
    Thanks for the website

I'm desperately trying to get tickets for V, I've always overlooked it as a festival for some reason but the lineup this year is AMAZING! lol

I love Feeder too, I wanted to see them live last year (or was it early this year? oh well...) but I couldn't get tickets

Same - I think that it'll be wicked when we get there lol it'll be fiiiine!
    I know! The line up is soo good this year.. I was trying to persuade my friends to go (this was before we'd bought tickets for Reading) and they were like but its all boring music, they didn't seem to think Muse were worth going for.
    And then I said well what about T in the Park but they didn't want to go up to Scotland. I wouldn't of minded because I grew up in Edinburgh (moved to England when I was 12) and could've gone back and seen stuff on the way, but noooo... had to be Reading "oh the line up will get better, stop complaining" yeah, like that's really happened!

The only reason I'm looking forward to it it cos I'm meeting a few internet friends there, so yay for that, otherwise I'd be non-stop moaning

ReputationRep:
    not sure what the best festival is though, they all seem a bit mediocre, i mean The Darkness? FFS:mad:
    LOL - I'm actully looking forward to The Darkness - - Thought they were really good last year...

Out of curiosity... what HAS everyone got against them?

Am looking forward to seeing the Streets, although I do hope he has fixed his Mojo properly this time round, the sound was awful last year! Franz Ferdinand were amazing at Glasto, so should be good at Reading, Morrisey and The White Stripes... I can't understand what bands like Goldie Lookin' Chain are doing on the main stage (another band I've never heard of) when there are bands like Supergrass and Super Furry Animals on the lower stage - Why?!

ReputationRep:

Out of curiosity... what HAS everyone got against them?
    They're just really crap and annoying. Plus that really ugly frontman seems think they're the best band in Britain, just cos they got a stoopid Brit award.

ReputationRep:
    I know! The line up is soo good this year.. I was trying to persuade my friends to go (this was before we'd bought tickets for Reading) and they were like but its all boring music, they didn't seem to think Muse were worth going for.
    And then I said well what about T in the Park but they didn't want to go up to Scotland. I wouldn't of minded because I grew up in Edinburgh (moved to England when I was 12) and could've gone back and seen stuff on the way, but noooo... had to be Reading "oh the line up will get better, stop complaining" yeah, like that's really happened!

The only reason I'm looking forward to it it cos I'm meeting a few internet friends there, so yay for that, otherwise I'd be non-stop moaning
    LOL, d'ya know the same thing happend to me - I really wanted to go to V but NONE of my mates were interested because apparently it's all "too poppy" - Balls. lol. Now that they've seen the whole lineup I've managed to convince them to go, but -oh, look- there are no tickets left! gah!

I really hope that by some fluke they get some good bands in anywhere else at Reading... I mean, where are Starsailor? the Scissor Sisters? Coldplay? Feeder? lol am I being too demanding?!

ReputationRep:
    They're just really crap and annoying. Plus that really ugly frontman seems think they're the best band in Britain, just cos they got a stoopid Brit award.
    LOL is that really a valid reason for the monsterously huge ****gin they're getting?! Doesn't everyone who wins a Brit get a little jumped up?!

ReputationRep:
    I have to say looking at the line-ups for all the festivals, i'd most like to go to in order:
    T in the Park
    Glasto
    V
    Isle of Wight
    Reading/Leeds.

ReputationRep:
    LOL is that really a valid reason for the monsterously huge ****gin they're getting?! Doesn't everyone who wins a Brit get a little jumped up?!
    I don't not like them cos they got a Brit, I just think they're cheesy and crap. Getting the Brit just made them even more up themselves than they were before

ReputationRep:
    you made a mistake, you said good bands, then followed up with Starsailor:confused:
    And you said flogging molly would be amazing...so I guess it's even...

ReputationRep:
    you made a mistake, you said good bands, then followed up with Starsailor:confused:
    :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL, I *love* Starsailor!!! hehe

Aaah, there's no accounting for a lack of taste :P I know you can't help it :P

ReputationRep:
    Meh, i'd much rather see Bloc Party or !!!, they'd get the crowd going alot more...as would the Von Bondies...
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    hmmm i will be seing Ash and Placebo this time I tink, cos i never bothered before.
    good call - placebo are fantastic live (or at least they were *counts* 7 yrs ago.

ReputationRep:
    i guess you have heard the concrete jungle stage and who is playing there?

the likes of Allister, A, Mest. Dropkick murphys etc

anyway special guests still haven't been announced

rumours are beastie Boys or bloodhound Gang

i would be happy with either of them but pray it is the Beastie boys
    they have its distillers

ReputationRep:
    hi,

got my leeds tickets yesterday!! anyone else got theirs yet??

not long now....

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 29, 2004

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.