Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I am on the combined pill and i want to change my pill taking time of 8 pm since it has turned out to be an inconvenience for me to 10:30 pm

will this affect the pill and give me a bigger chance of getting preganant? today is my first day of taking a new pack as well and ive read online that i should change the time when i start a new pack. should i worry about backup for the next 7 days?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Change whenever you want - there's a big margin of error with the combined pill and two and a half hours change is not going to cause any issues with the effectiveness. (You could change it that much every day without problems!)
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I am on the combined pill and i want to change my pill taking time of 8 pm since it has turned out to be an inconvenience for me to 10:30 pm

will this affect the pill and give me a bigger chance of getting preganant? today is my first day of taking a new pack as well and ive read online that i should change the time when i start a new pack. should i worry about backup for the next 7 days?
    The leaflet with it should say to take them within x hours of eachother. As long as you take it within that time it should be fine. I think its a few hours so 8-10:30 should be fine.
    If you're ever looking at making a big change like am to pm either do it gradually a couple of hours (within the time on the leaflet) each day until you reach your desired time or go straight to the new time and use backup protection (leaflet should also say for how long).
    If you're ever unsure you can ask a pharmacist.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 9, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.