Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

So my best friend has met this guy and its been like six months since they've met but they've promised each other that they will wait till uni to get into a relationship and hopefully get married. I don't have a problem with that and I hope they get together too, also I'm friends with the guy. However since she's met this boy she has been ditching me a lot and most of the time will find any reason or time to go and spend even more time, they meet pretty much everyday so when we have already made plans and I trek to wherever we said we'd meet she'd end up not coming because she's too busy trying to get to him and therefore forgets to tell me we cant meet. I feel as though we're starting to become distant, even yesterday she left me waiting till a friend told me she went home (to meet the guy) and didn't even care to text me.

I want to tell her but how do I tell her without it being awkward or should I just leave it.

ReputationRep:
    Just tell her to start acting like a friend or she can **** off.

I was straight up when one of my friends started doing the same thing when he entered a relationship.

ReputationRep:
    The space within her you filled, is now being filled with his D.

People who ditch you when they make a new friend or get in a relationship aren't worth staying in contact with tbh.

(Original post by Inexorably)
    Just tell her to start acting like a friend or she can **** off.

I was straight up when one of my friends started doing the same thing when he entered a relationship.
    (Original post by Zargabaath)
    The space within her you filled, is now being filled with his D.

People who ditch you when they make a new friend or get in a relationship aren't worth staying in contact with tbh.
    what annoys me is that she's started to do things she would have never done, she would never spend money on transport but now gets the train because then she can get to his house quicker. when I say I'll get the train she doesn't want to because on that day she isn't meeting him so tells me not to waste my money. also she finds things other coupled do cringey but its all sweet and cute if they do the same. arghh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    what annoys me is that she's started to do things she would have never done, she would never spend money on transport but now gets the train because then she can get to his house quicker. when I say I'll get the train she doesn't want to because on that day she isn't meeting him so tells me not to waste my money. also she finds things other coupled do cringey but its all sweet and cute if they do the same. arghh
    Yeah it seems she prefers his company to your's tbh. I'm sorry but people are like this sometimes, thirsty people act thirsty.
    Just ignore her and if she cares, she'll make the effort to patch up your friendship. If she doesn't, then you've lost nothing because she's a flake

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 6, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.