Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I am concerned about Sadiq Khan becoming the Mayor of London Watch

ReputationRep:
    I have read a few articles now that have made me realise that this man is not a liberal Muslim- he has actual links to Islamic terrorism. For example, he said that there are areas of Islamic law which can be applied to UK law, and he also questioned whether a law banning forced marriage should be applied in the UK.
    http://www.christianconcern.com/our-...stan-with-khan

As a Christian, I am quite concerned about the high likelihood of this man becoming Mayor. Can anyone clarify whether he does pose a risk to our society? Because I feel like he is going to use his power to advance his religious motives and I'm worried that he might focus on the wishes of his own community rather than that of all Londoners.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trapz99)
    I have read a few articles now that have made me realise that this man is not a liberal Muslim- he has actual links to Islamic terrorism. For example, he said that there are areas of Islamic law which can be applied to UK law, and he also questioned whether a law banning forced marriage should be applied in the UK.

As a Christian, I am quite concerned about the high likelihood of this man becoming Mayor. Can anyone clarify whether he does pose a risk to our society? Because I feel like he is going to use his power to advance his religious motives and I'm worried that he might focus on the wishes of his own community rather than that of all Londoners.
    London is rife with terrorism anyway, Sadiq Khan in power or not makes no difference. It's a third world dump which has been lost

Left wingers are having a wet dream in their rural retreats right now

ReputationRep:
    Sadiq Khan does not have bloody links to islamic extremism. As a human rights lawyer he has to go to dodgy places to speak to dodgy people which means he comes into contact with terrorist ***** occasionally. THIS DOES NOT MEANS HE SUPPORTS THEM. Don't let the media and its subliminal propaganda fool you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trapz99)

I would consider him a moderate muslim ie one who accepts the word of the Quran but has no desire to force it on others (like an islamist would) A liberal muslim is one who does not feel compelled to believe everything in the Quran.

I'm not too worried about Sadiq though he has done some highly questionable things in the past as a human rights lawyer (there was no reason he HAD to defend those people he had a choice though he makes out he didnt).

I dont think London would really let him get away with doing illiberal things there is a big spotlight on that role (unlike say tower hamlets where all kinds of bad **** went down unnoticed).
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    How ridiculously ignorant can you possibly get. (there was no question mark because that was a rhetoric. You cannot get any more ridiculous or ignorant.)

You didn't research much, then, clearly because that information was revealed by politically biased media sources who wanted to reduce Khan's chance of winning. Look at the news today. The proper news is what I mean by that - credible political reporters, not the Daily Mail or whatever 'viable' political sources you use. The whole 'ties to terrorism' thing was nothing but a dirty ploy for the gain of Tory votes - which didn't happen by the way! Because they were so terrified of losing mayorship after almost a decade of ruining Londoners life that they resorted to dirty, media-fuelled tactics to inspire hatred and incite hatred amongst the masses as another control measure..

If you honestly, as a Christian, believe that the acts of the minority - EXTREME minority - of a religion is the representation of a whole then you need to reconsider the depths of your beliefs. Were Christians, as a religious following, or the beliefs of their religion penalised for their 'holy wars' ? It's so easy to play 'blame to brown person' and the media has you all so indoctrinated and blind sided that you can't see past why they have socially conditioned you to fear. Even when radicalism, violence and using a religious belief to justify the pain the inflict is not condoned by true followers of the religion you will continuously believe the white-washed media.

Learn to think for yourself and research ACTUAL facts - like how much terrorism is linked solely to Islam (actually how much it IS NOT) and how much the media over inflates it to an incredibly hyperbolic sense. There is terrorism EVERY DAY. The white man who shot hundreds of kids wasn't seen as a terrorist just 'mentally ill'. Imagine if that was a POC or Muslim. The media control what you think.

Learn to think for yourself. Make your own opinions. ~

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I share your concern

ReputationRep:
    Please do more unbiased research when you come to an assumption next time. Automatically when an ethnic minority gains political support, particularly a Muslim, the media rush to indoctrinate the public and present minorities in a negative light, when they could be the nicest, most sincere of people. I'm 100% backing Sadiq.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clintbarton)
    How ridiculous can you possibly get. You didn't research much, then, clearly because that information was revealed by political biased media sources who wanted to reduce Khan's chance of winning.

If you honestly, as a Christian, believe that the acts of the minority of a religion is the representation of a whole then you need to reconsider the depths of your beliefs. We're Christians as a religion penalised for their 'holy wars' ? It's so easy to play 'blame to brown person' and the media has you all so indoctrinated and blindsided that you can't see past why they have socially conditioned you to fear.

Learn to think for yourself and research ACTUAL facts - like how much terrorism is linked solely to Islam and how much the media over inflates it to a hyperbolic sense. There is terrorism EVERY DAY. The white man who shot hundreds of kids wasn't seen as a terrorist just 'mentally ill'. Imagine if that was a POC or Muslim.

Learn to think for yourself. Don't be controlled.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I couldn't have said this better myself.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.