The Student Room Group

missing first week of new uni

So I'm entering into 3rd year at a new uni, but the start date clashes with a wedding I'm going to abroad. Do you think it is acceptable to miss the first week if I contact all the lecturers. Really paranoid about missing it although I've been assured "nothing happens on the first week".
Original post by SIRFBORT
So I'm entering into 3rd year at a new uni, but the start date clashes with a wedding I'm going to abroad. Do you think it is acceptable to miss the first week if I contact all the lecturers. Really paranoid about missing it although I've been assured "nothing happens on the first week".

This all really depends on your course requirements and whether you have any compulsory lectures or seminars during that week. Obviously if you're starting topics/projects then you'll be missing the introductory lectures so it could be an issue from the point of view that you'll be behind on the basics when you start.
It depends on the type of course. If your lecture material is posted online, then catch up there. Don't just send an email to all the lecturers, unless you need to clarify something from the reading etc. And especially, don't go "did I miss anything important?"!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending