Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys!

Who's taking the Russia exam? Probably the person reading this right now haha...

We have around 2 weeks left, this is just a place to ask questions and help each other out!!

Exam: 18th May

Structure:
    Q1) Essay Question (20 marks) around 45 mins
    Q2) Essay Question (20 marks) around 45 mins

Q3) Source analysis essay (20 marks) around 45 mins

Grade Boundaries:

A=80% (48/60)
    B=70% (42/60)
    C=60% (36/60)
    D=50% (30/60)
    etc. the grades go down in 10% (my teacher told me)

ALSO...
    My teacher told me that because it's the new reformed a levels, the exam paper will be very similar to the real paper so make sure to check it out

Don't trust me on it but that's what my teacher told me

ReputationRep:
    What structure do you use when answering a Source Analysis question (q3)?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarahgashii)
    What structure do you use when answering a Source Analysis question (q3)?
    Intro outlining question

p1) for the argument
    p2) against argument but same theme
    p3) completely different factor

conclusion

ReputationRep:
    Feeling alright about this exam. Pretty much planned all the spec questions and AS style questions from textbooks.
    Have your teachers been marking your essays against the A Level mark scheme as opposed to the AS one? I feel like this has made my essays slightly stronger, but we shall find out.

What's your paper 2 on?

ReputationRep:
    Part A is genuinely question on a specific leader as says in the textbook that's been endorsed by Edexcel itself. Part B usually covers a long time span period for instance how's the role of secret police changed in the period of 1917-1953 or the role of women change in 1953-1985? Etc, but how do you actually revise for the downfall of the USSR. The information on perestroika is vast cannot process right before the exam.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by froa98)
    Feeling alright about this exam. Pretty much planned all the spec questions and AS style questions from textbooks.
    Have your teachers been marking your essays against the A Level mark scheme as opposed to the AS one? I feel like this has made my essays slightly stronger, but we shall find out.

What's your paper 2 on?
    GDR (sorry for the year late reply)

ReputationRep:
    Hey - are you willing to share plans? i'm a bit overwhelmed at the moment... I have some good ones on political / economic early in period.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mazzletazzle)
    Hey - are you willing to share plans? i'm a bit overwhelmed at the moment... I have some good ones on political / economic early in period.
    Message me your whatsapp, I'd be happy to help

ReputationRep:
    How did everyone find it?

ReputationRep:
    The one this year? Part B just hard

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ak_0213)
    The one this year? Part B just hard
    Ah yes I agree. I did the terror question and just got really confused on how to structure it. Ended up writing tons on the other 2 then going back to it at the end for the last 20 mins.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gnatt27)
    Ah yes I agree. I did the terror question and just got really confused on how to structure it. Ended up writing tons on the other 2 then going back to it at the end for the last 20 mins.
    Only got 30mins left for the part C and I have to read it, there goes my grade in the coffin

ReputationRep:
    Only got 30mins left for the part C and I have to read it, there goes my grade in the coffin

Ah I wouldn't worry there is still another 50% worth left to do with the GDR and Warfare

ReputationRep:
    Ah I wouldn't worry there is still another 50% worth left to do with the GDR and Warfare
    This gdr paper is actually okay ngl. But legit gdr is hella dead to learn.

ReputationRep:
    This gdr paper is actually okay ngl. But legit gdr is hella dead to learn.
    That Russia paper was probably the hardest of the 3 because of the sheer amount to learn. Plus it was easy to get muddled up between the 4 different leaders. GDR is much less content and just 2 leaders.

ReputationRep:
    That Russia paper was probably the hardest of the 3 because of the sheer amount to learn. Plus it was easy to get muddled up between the 4 different leaders. GDR is much less content and just 2 leaders.
    You did the AS paper right, is only 2.
    Yep Russia was hella hard, part b will traumatise me forever

ReputationRep:
    You did the AS paper right, is only 2.
    Yep Russia was hella hard, part b will traumatise me forever
    Nah A2. By part b you are referring to the women and terror questions?

ReputationRep:
    Nah A2. By part b you are referring to the women and terror questions?
    Mine was the AS exam, did you do Tudor as well?

ReputationRep:
    Mine was the AS exam, did you do Tudor as well?

Nah I think you must be doing a different course. I do Russia, GDR and British warfare with a coursework unit.

ReputationRep:
    Nah I think you must be doing a different course. I do Russia, GDR and British warfare with a coursework unit.
    I am doing Russia and GDR for AS Tudor for second year along with coursework

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.