Additional A level in A2 privately.

Watch this thread
Sam10711
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I am in year 12 now and wanted to pick computing but my school didn't offer it so can I do the whole a level next year as a private candidate along with my current 3 a levels in year 13. I want to do it to improve my application.
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Sam10711)
I am in year 12 now and wanted to pick computing but my school didn't offer it so can I do the whole a level next year as a private candidate along with my current 3 a levels in year 13. I want to do it to improve my application.
I am fairly sure that AQA A level Computer Science is not open to private candidates (because the coursework needs to be supervised). I don't know if OCR has such a hard and fast rule but it is likely to be very difficult to achieve.
Sam10711
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by Compost)
I am fairly sure that AQA A level Computer Science is not open to private candidates (because the coursework needs to be supervised). I don't know if OCR has such a hard and fast rule but it is likely to be very difficult to achieve.
Oh thanks I wasn't aware that there was coursework for the A2 part, how about if I just do the AS, as it is 100% exam?
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Sam10711)
Oh thanks I wasn't aware that there was coursework for the A2 part, how about if I just do the AS, as it is 100% exam?
I'm not very familiar with the new AS and A levels in Computer Science so I suggest you look at the relevant exam board websites (I think only OCR and AQA offer it) and see what they say and whether it's open to private candidates. Make sure you check the spec for Computer Science from 2015 and not the outgoing Computing spec as it is too late to take that now.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA Combined Science - Biology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (61)
34.46%
The paper was reasonable (70)
39.55%
Not feeling great about that exam... (28)
15.82%
It was TERRIBLE (18)
10.17%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise