Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mik1a)
    That's a nice story.
    Rather cute isn't it.

From the scientific point of view, I think it is more than likely that the universe has always been here and tehre are a number of points that support this view.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Investmentboy)
    tea? old ladies?
    I think he meant "young boys".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adhsur)
    Rather cute isn't it.

From the scientific point of view, I think it is more than likely that the universe has always been here and tehre are a number of points that support this view.
    I don't believe that universe has always been here in its current form, that is highly illogical. what is ur definition of universe, and what is ur proposed theory?

Umair

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by umair)
    I don't believe that universe has always been here in its current form, that is highly illogical. what is ur definition of universe, and what is ur proposed theory?

Umair
    Illogical? Illogical is to mix the scientific theory of the big bang, which is completely relaint on evidence for it, with the theory of god creating the universe. This is like oil and water to me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mik1a)
    Illogical? Illogical is to mix the scientific theory of the big bang, which is completely relaint on evidence for it, with the theory of god creating the universe. This is like oil and water to me.
    Not if you bear in mind there is more than one defintion of God. I think what Umair is referring to is an impersonal designer God who created the universe(incorporating the big bang). By referring to God it doesnt always mean people referr to the story of genisis or anything like that. Belief in (a) God and the big bang are compatible

ReputationRep:
    Everything has a creator.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by umair)
    Just because GOD created the Earth does not mean that the Big Bang did not happen, rathar i believe it to be the process by which GOD created the Earth.
    Lol, *******s. All creation stories completely contradict the Big Bang theory. All that 'Heaven and Earth' crap, it's nonsense. Religious texts have been constantly disproven throughout history, and I expect creation stories to one day be shown to be yet another lovely work of fiction.

ReputationRep:
    The universe was created out of a big bang caused by the, for want of a better word, cosmic static from two other universes rubbing against each other. The world, as far as I understand, condensed out of gasses and elements and stuff. As for all that cause of the cause of the cause rubbish, it simply goes round in a big circle that is repeated for all of time. Aaah.

ReputationRep:
    what i think

http://www.uk-learning.net/showthrea...055#post901055

umair

ReputationRep:
    It was created by giant grasshoppers from Uranus, didnt you know that?

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.