Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Does anyone else feel bloated when on their period? watch

If so, what do you do about it? I've been feeling bloated for the past few days :mad:

ReputationRep:
    more exercise
    reduce fat intake

(Original post by MevMev)
    more exercise
    reduce fat intake
    I exercise enough - I walk quite a lot because of the time it take travel to school and I don't eat much anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I exercise enough - I walk quite a lot because of the time it take travel to school and I don't eat much anyway.
    well then its just natural bbz it only lasts a week anyway it should be back to normal when the cycle is finished

(Original post by MevMev)
    well then its just natural bbz it only lasts a week anyway it should be back to normal when the cycle is finished
    Lol that's true. Thanks.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Yeah I get more bloated when I'm on my period or due it. I've not found anything that really helps with making the bloating going down so much but as for the pain or uncomfortableness that comes with bloating, I find that gentle exercise, cutting out fatty foods like takeaways, a hot bath and gently massaging my stomach can help.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I do, its really annoying because if you ask anyone else about it its always, "Omg are you pregnant?" The doctor asked me that when I asked her about it. I find a nice hot bath fixes things or a hot water bottle.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Drink lots of water and walk it off and eat light foods

But when i'm on my period - i just lay there -hoping itll go away. lmao

ReputationRep:
    water and charcoal capusles are good for such a problem

(Original post by Spock's Socks)
    Yeah I get more bloated when I'm on my period or due it. I've not found anything that really helps with making the bloating going down so much but as for the pain or uncomfortableness that comes with bloating, I find that gentle exercise, cutting out fatty foods like takeaways, a hot bath and gently massaging my stomach can help.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks!
    (Original post by melinae)
    Yeah I do, its really annoying because if you ask anyone else about it its always, "Omg are you pregnant?" The doctor asked me that when I asked her about it. I find a nice hot bath fixes things or a hot water bottle.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    :lolwut: Wow lol, thanks.

(Original post by samina_ay)
    Drink lots of water and walk it off and eat light foods

But when i'm on my period - i just lay there -hoping itll go away. lmao
    Haha I do that too but then I cant revise :/

(Original post by Samwin)
    water and charcoal capusles are good for such a problem
    Thanks!

the size of your ovaries increase during your periods I think. either ovaries or uterus I can't remember.

anyway don't do *heavy* exercise because that will induce pain, trust me.
    eat healthy <<<<<< and don't eat too much meat!
    definitely don't eat junk food.

for some reason idk why eating fibre helps but this particular point isn't objective and just personal experience.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 8, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.