A 100 years from now..

Watch
luciie
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
What do you think the world will be like?
jamesthehustler
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
everything will have back tracked to the middle ages down to the shortages of oil wars broke out and gold shot up in value leading to more war and ending in the near destruction of earth along with a 90% decrease in population
toonervoustotalk
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Worst than now :
Arsenal still waiting for champions league :rofl:
Hotter
Fuel prices increase by tenfolds due to limited resources of crude oil
Food prices increase due to drought and limited amounts
Less floods in europe
KaminiZindagi
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Ahmadiyya Islam is will become the biggest sect in Islam.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Tempest II
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Bases on the Moon & Mars, asteroid mining, space holidays etc

Unlimited energy - Nuclear Fusion

AI/Automation will probably do most of the world's work

Nanobots & other medical advancements will keep those who can afford it alive indefinitely

Designer babies, biologically & mechanically enhanced "superhumans"

Global population 10 billion plus but falling slowly, UK population probably around the 100 million number

The human brain will be connected to the internet & telepathy will be possible because of this

Weather control

Cash will be a thing of the past. All money transfers/payments will be done electronically

Most languages will have died out

Religion on the whole will massively decrease. Islam will probably be the largest religion left standing.

Almost entirely robotic/automated police & armed forces

The environment will probably be messed up through de-forestation, climate change, extinctions, over-population etc but due to technological advances such as terraforming we'll be in the process of fixing the damage. Higher sea levels.

Jetpacks for everyone

Canada will be a superpower

GM foods will be the norm

No more oil but no real need for oil either

Hypersonic aircraft & trains

I imagine the global economy will look very different. It might be some kind of Capitalism evolution or something totally unrecognisable. Some people will be Trillionaires.

Super high skyscrapers, smart cities, every car will be driverless (it'll probably be illegal to drive your own car on a public road by this point), holographic/virtual reality meetings etc
physicst
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Machine will try to replicate human and surely become indistinguishable .
Tempest II
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Mathemagicien)
Finally someone slightly more optimistic!

I'll add something else though

Almost all the global growth in population will be from Africa, whose population is growing from 1 billion today to over 4 billion by 2100 according to the UN. Africa can barely sustain 1 billion people today; throw in 3 billion on top of that, and we're clearly going to have absolutely huge problems in Africa: plagues, famine, drought, unemployment, social unrest, wars, civil wars, genocide, and therefore also huge emigration from Africa, causing a migrant crisis a thousand times larger than the current one.
I do think this could be the most challenging century mankind faces as a species. So many things could either wipe us out or decimate us so badly that technological progress stops or regresses (nuclear war, super volcanic eruption, comet/asteroid strike, viral/bacterial super bug, robot uprising, climate change etc).
But I also think that if we survive the next 100yrs mostly intact then nothing will stop us (except a black hole or something) as we'll start spreading out across the Solar System. And we should have the technology to overcome a lot of challenges that currently would cause huge issues such as droughts, disease etc.
ByronicHero
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Well we know that by the year 3000 not much has changed except that we live under water. Using this fact, it is reasonable to assume that in 100 years not much will changed except maybe an underwater city or two to replace Kiribati. That is also probably a much better estimate for the time when some of you will have great great great granddaughters who are undeniably attractive. Also, by then Brucie will have regenerated again and we will have a new actor playing him and topping the charts with ska covers of classic rock songs with JME's great great great granddaughter (possibly fine) adding flavour.
M14B
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur F.C. will win the league
username1894983
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by KaminiZindagi)
Ahmadiyya Islam is will become the biggest sect in Islam.

Posted from TSR Mobile
No one will take you seriously with that disgusting avatar, and begged name. btw, Ahmadiyya isn't even recognised to be part of Islam.
Serine Soul
Report 4 years ago
Obesity will be rife in the western world because advances in technology have made people yet more lazier

However, governments will aim to counteract this via GM crops, crops such as rice that will grow in Britain's own fields. (This will affect the economies of developing countries)

A simple infection will be deadly as bacteria rapidly evolve and contain multiple alleles for antibiotic resistance.

Also, the wealthy classes will become wealthier, and via gene therapy, 'designer babies' will be born to the wealthy. More inequality is very likely, with the 'ugly, dim and poor' on one side, and 'beautiful, intelligent and rich' on the other. A proletarian revolution will be slowly developing.

Religion will most likely fade across the globe, or at least people will be much less religious than they are now
PrettymuchGod
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Serine Soul)
Obesity will be rife in the western world because advances in technology have made people yet more lazier

However, governments will aim to counteract this via GM crops, crops such as rice that will grow in Britain's own fields. (This will affect the economies of developing countries)

A simple infection will be deadly as bacteria rapidly evolve and contain multiple alleles for antibiotic resistance.

Also, the wealthy classes will become wealthier, and via gene therapy, 'designer babies' will be born to the wealthy. More inequality is very likely, with the 'ugly, dim and poor' on one side, and 'beautiful, intelligent and rich' on the other. A proletarian revolution will be slowly developing.

Religion will most likely fade across the globe, or at least people will be much less religious than they are now
I'm thinking with nanotech & ml we'll have a global solution to obesity, cancer and so on.
Serine Soul
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by XOR_)
I'm thinking with nanotech & ml we'll have a global solution to obesity, cancer and so on.
Perhaps a little device that pinches you once you've gone above your correct daily intake?
loveleest
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I am thinking technology will literally take over the world, and maybe the world would not be so religious.
Also a lot of the less developing worlds would become a lot more developed.
Carpe Diem Jay
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
If we haven't gone and killed each other, I hope by that stage humans will have become a multi-planet species.
Fractite
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Nuclear fusion will become a thing.
We'll run out of crude oil and then America will start fighting countries for it.
Global population stagnates as countries slowly become more developed (and thus have a lower natural increase).
The UK will still be trying to win Eurovision.
TheRealLifeBane
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It would be like 2116
DiddyDec01
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Daimonos
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by luciie)
What do you think the world will be like?
Income & wealth inequality is going to rise in future.

The gap between the rich and poor iwill widen.
godofwine
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Probably like Fallout 4
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (53)
17.26%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (87)
28.34%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (117)
38.11%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (40)
13.03%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (10)
3.26%

Watched Threads