Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Apparently we don't need to know how to work them out. I want to make sure I know what to revise. What exactly do we need to know about these tests?

Also if anyone has a checklist or complete notes on what to revise for research methods, can you tell me? I'm not 100% sure on what we need to know for this topic :/

ReputationRep:
    In the exam they won't provide you with loads of data and ask you to work it out, but could provide you with types of data or a research method and ask you to decide which test would be ideal.

I'm assuming this is old spec. but this may help.

ReputationRep:
    You basically need to know how to work out what statistical test you would use for a specified item. Hence, you need to know if the research has interval data, ordinal data or nominal data. Then from there whether it is looking at a relationship/correlation or its experimental; if it is experimental you then need to know if its independent measures design or matched pairs/repeated measures design. For working out values from the tables you will need to know the difference between a one and two tailed hypothesis. I would look up 'tutor2u statistical testing chart' on google images and learn this!!!!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 5, 2017
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.