Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Edexcel A2 Geography Unit 4 World of Cultural Diversity [June 16th 2016] Watch

ReputationRep:
    Unit 4 - World of Cultural Diversity

Hi Guys,

This thread is for students sitting the Edexcel A2 Geography Unit 4 exam on 16th June. Literally everywhere on the StudentRoom the pages are for tectonics. But now here's a page for culture.

Please feel free to post any tips, hints, questions on the topic, or any predictions that could come up for the 70 marker this year.

Thanks all.

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone doing unit 4 cultural diversity on this?

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I'm sitting this exam and tbh, I feel very unprepared. How is everyone structuring the report? And which case studies are you using?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jedwards)
    Hi,

I'm sitting this exam and tbh, I feel very unprepared. How is everyone structuring the report? And which case studies are you using?
    main case studies I am using are:
    UK
    Iran
    Bhutan
    China
    and a few smaller ones

ReputationRep:
    does anyone know how to do the first part? the meaning of the term global culture and its main characteristics?
    plus do i need an introduction as well as framework paragraph?

ReputationRep:
    https://geographyalevelslc.files.wor...sion-guide.pdf

The link above helps out planning
    Remember less case studies but more focused towards the question. Its more about how you can answer the question and not slide off to a different focus point.
    Because its only 1 hour 30 min the ratio of each part is probably going to be:
    2,1,3,3,3,2 Intro, methodology, analysis (split into 3 frameworks) , conclusion (sub-conclusion analysis and points about futurity for the Q).

For the intro what I'll do is the definitions right at the start (globalization, cultural diversity, any others in the question) then start to form a basis towards the question by adding a table/diagram e.g. the different views of globalization, then afterwards say what this report will be discussing and add the 3 frameworks, and how they will explain and analyse the question. (roughly takes up to 1 and a half to 2 pages)

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got a global culture definition with a reference? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattHoward)
    Has anyone got a global culture definition with a reference? Thanks
    According to David Jacobson, a professor of sociology at the university of south florida, a global culture is defined as a culture that is shared by a significant number of the earth's inhabitants, complete with a set of behavioural norms and values which inform the way people think and act.

ReputationRep:
    what case studies are you guys using?

ReputationRep:
    How did it go

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.