The Student Room Group

Am I transgender or not?

Scroll to see replies

I am in the firm belief that labels really don't matter- we are all people who are attracted to certain people and that just depends on you. Main problem I have with all this special snowflake stuff on tmublur is that it's fragmenting society into smaller groups
Original post by Nickierose21
I identify with being a biological female I do not see myself as any gender as I don't see gender as real as it's not tangible. Some people think the way I am is closer to the male gender.

Original post by Nickierose21
no I'm not. I've just been told I am transgender because if I had the choice I would be a man over a woman. But it's not an option as I was born female. So that's that. That's how I see it. I don't perceive gender as existing at all so living as a guy makes no sense to me as that's impossible as I can't be reborn literally.

Screw what other people think if you identify as biologically female and you're born female then you aren't trans. Gender is a very real thing that does exist (the mental state of being male, female or otherwise as a basic definition) therefore you could live as a guy, to think otherwise could be seen as quite offensive to some?
Original post by Cremated_Spatula
There is a thing called copy and paste.

You want to be a gay man... :colonhash:
Why not try and find an effeminate guy who isn't gay? If there is one of you, there is bound to be men of that description.

Funny, I was thinking the same thing about you.

gay men aren't feminine. what are you talking about? Gay men are men who like men. Which was what I was talking about.

Either way it's clear you're trolling at this point
Original post by AlteredBoy
Screw what other people think if you identify as biologically female and you're born female then you aren't trans. Gender is a very real thing that does exist (the mental state of being male, female or otherwise as a basic definition) therefore you could live as a guy, to think otherwise could be seen as quite offensive to some?

no actually I think it's offensive to say women act or think a certain way. Therefore saying that there is a mental gender is offensive to many people it plays into the hands of chauvinists long ago who claimed women were different from men therefore could not have the same rights. How is their claim not valid if you agree with that women are different and therefore may not be allowed the same rights. Because we supposed think and act differently than men.

The whole claim is ignorant to me. And stereotyping all women into one small category.
Original post by The Good Doctor
Me too. i don't recognise males that have "transitioned" to female to be female and vice versa.

I don't mind calling them he or she. But science isn't going to change for them. Neither is their dna. So saying he or she is as binding as if they asked me to call them a cat. That rule goes for me just the same. I don't see the point in someone calling me "he" when it means nothing at all. What's real is going to be that way no matter if that person calls me a he or a she or a cat. I'm still a biological female. End of the day. And I feel like it's a lot like race. You're born whatever you're born. There are people that lighten or tan their skin or wear hair weaves like rachael dolezal but they're still going to be whatever their genetic make up says they are. I love being black and I accept being a woman. I feel like running from facts isn't going to do anything for me because I have to live with reality of it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending