New Mayor of London shows most people don't support the racist agenda Watch

Fullofsurprises
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
A big majority of Londoners voted for a Muslim Mayor of London. Far, far more than just the Muslims living in London.

It's no wonder that we are seeing a rash of xenophobic and racist-oriented UKIP-style threads on TSR this morning, as the far right go into shock that a clear majority of people don't share their views, won't react to their dog whistle politics and believe that a tolerant, multiracial London is not just possible but a current reality.

Will the right wing headbangers please take a lesson from this and stop trying to fill TSR with hate messages every morning? Pretty please?
_Fergo
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
You choose the mayor because of their skills, not their religion, race, colour or whatnot. Obviously he had a great campaign and it worked.

Posted from TSR Mobile
patrickstarfish
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
time will tell
Fractite
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I honestly don't care too much that he's a Muslim. I care more that he's a politician who managed to win the mayoral election.

I think that people need to see past religion and just see people for who they are, not for what they're labelled as.
chemting
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
But... but... muh white genocide!

Posted from TSR Mobile
TheThiefOfBagdad
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Fullofsurprises)
Will the right wing headbangers please take a lesson from this and stop trying to fill TSR with hate messages every morning? Pretty please?
I doubt it; every mistake he makes, small or large, will be gone over again and again in great detail. :rolleyes:
Fullofsurprises
Rep:
?
(Original post by *Stefan*)
You choose the mayor because of their skills, not their religion, race, colour or whatnot. Obviously he had a great campaign and it worked.

Posted from TSR Mobile
True. My point is that this isn't how this kind of thing is seen by the racists.
Fullofsurprises
Rep:
?
(Original post by TheThiefOfBagdad)
I doubt it; every mistake he makes, small or large, will be gone over again and again in great detail. :rolleyes:
Not least by the Mail, the Evening Standard and the Sun, who will be constantly running headlines about "Muslim Mayor Khan fails", etc.

The Evening Standard comes out of this particularly badly - it has run a whole series of dog whistle race and terror stories. Ironic that it is owned by a corrupt buddy of Putin's that the government is happy to see running London's only newspaper providing he keeps spewing out the hate.
Serine Soul
Badges: 18
Report 3 years ago
'But we can't have a Mayor of London called 'Sadiq Khan'! He doesn't even sound English!'
The Epicurean
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by chemting)
But... but... muh white genocide!
A bit like the reaction when a Christian Chinese man became the mayor of Jakarta in Indonesia I think these sort of reactions happen the world over.

(Original post by Fractite)
I honestly don't care too much that he's a Muslim.
As long as religion and politics are kept separate, then it shouldn't matter. But when the two mix, I do believe it to be a problem.
Adzkii786
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Fullofsurprises)
Not least by the Mail and the Sun, who will be constantly running headlines about "Muslim Mayor Khan fails", etc.
Nor really. No need to pain "Muslims" as the victims all the time, when they're not. Tantamount to black people, whom are sensitive to any form of resistance that they'll shout "racist", racist lol.
chemting
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by The Epicurean)
A bit like the reaction when a Christian Chinese man became the mayor of Jakarta in Indonesia I think these sort of reactions happen the world over.
Multiculturalism is Javanese genocide!
Erebor
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
That's right , most people aren't racist. They do, however, have an issue with barbaric, medieval cults that have no place in a 21st century, Western democracy. You know, the type that wants to execute homosexuals, treats women worse than bovines and so on.... How can ''lefties'' not be on board that?
Fullofsurprises
Rep:
?
(Original post by Serine Soul)
'But we can't have a Mayor of London called 'Sadiq Khan'! He doesn't even sound English!'
It's all so reminiscent of this. In German too!

TheTechN1304
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
1.) For the millionth time, Islam is not a race
2.) People voted for him because they liked his policies, not because he's a Muslim. I couldn't give a flying **** whether or not he's Muslim, just like I don't care if David Cameron is Christian. The only thing I care about is whether he will be a good mayor and freeze the already ridiculously high transport fares in London.
Fullofsurprises
Rep:
?
(Original post by TheTechN1304)
1.) For the millionth time, Islam is not a race
2.) People voted for him because they liked his policies, not because he's a Muslim. I couldn't give a flying **** whether or not he's Muslim, just like I don't care if David Cameron is Christian. The only thing I care about is whether he will be a good mayor and freeze the already ridiculously high transport fares in London.
Of course it's not a race. Sadly that doesn't stop the racists from assuming it is.
chemting
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by The Epicurean)
As long as religion and politics are kept separate, then it shouldn't matter. But when the two mix, I do believe it to be a problem.
Considering he has been demoted to the rank of Munafiq and the status of "selling out his deen" with his vote on gay-marriage and his comments about the hijab... I don't think that will be a problem
chemting
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I don't care about whether he's a Muslim or not... but my main concern is that he supports Liverpool: and that's unacceptable as the Mayor of London
The Epicurean
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by chemting)
Considering he has been demoted to the rank of Munafiq and the status of "selling out his deen" with his vote on gay-marriage and his comments about hijab... I don't think that's too much of a problem
I've already seen that remark surface on TSR recently My only hope is that he doesn't try to appease such individuals, no matter how much pressure they might put on him.
H011aaa
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Who cares what race or religion he is, as long as he's not a conservative I'm happy.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What was the hardest A-level paper of 2019?

Edexcel Maths paper 1 (49)
24.62%
Edexcel Maths paper 2 (64)
32.16%
AQA Chemistry Paper 2 (37)
18.59%
Edexcel Maths Paper 3 (17)
8.54%
AQA Physics Paper 3 (32)
16.08%

Watched Threads