Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm looking to buy a new phone, but I want the phone that'll be best for recording videos at 1920x1080. I plan on using these recordings for YouTube. Also, I want the picture camera to be the best too. Also, a long lasting battery would be good.

Anyone knowledgeable in the field of mobile technology to advise me on this matter ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by That Arab Guy)
    I'm looking to buy a new phone, but I want the phone that'll be best for recording videos at 1920x1080. I plan on using these recordings for YouTube. Also, I want the picture camera to be the best too.

Anyone knowledgeable in the field of mobile technology to advise me on this matter ?
    How much are you willing to spend?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sayfi)
    How much are you willing to spend?
    ~£400 ..

I'm actually starting to think it would be cheaper and better to buy an actual camera like other YouTubers.

ReputationRep:
    Nokia 1200

ReputationRep:
    LG V10 is pretty good.
    But I think you'd be surprised in a lot of YouTubers set ups. They have top cameras and mics and when you watch one who's just using their phones the difference is massive, borderline unwatchable.

ReputationRep:
    ~£400 ..

I'm actually starting to think it would be cheaper and better to buy an actual camera like other YouTubers.
    Moto x Style, Iphone SE, Sony Xperia M5, Sony Xperia Z5 Compact, Samsung Galaxy S6 and the LG Nexus 5X. These are all the phones I can think of right now. If you need any more help feel free to also. Also every phone is really fast with good screen quality.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    ~£400 ..

Have you had a look at Gofre's Smartphone Guide yet? (It is stickied in this subforum.) There are some good choices there for the best phones with cameras.

Failing that, if they are out of your budget (which they might be!), your best bet would be to get an actual camera, and stick with your current phone

ReputationRep:
    Sony Xperia phones have the best cameras in any smartphone, for starters.

Other very good viable options are LG V10, LG G4/G5, Huawei P9 and Nexus 6P.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Are price and portability factors? You could buy an optical telescope and strap a Nokia to it.

ReputationRep:
    I have an LG G4 and the camera on it is excellent, its really good, It can record up to 4K video, but 1080p is good too.
    The G4's camera has a manual mode if you need to set up the focus, ISO, exposure etc. manually. It can also do Raw JPEGs

ReputationRep:
    I'm looking to buy a new phone, but I want the phone that'll be best for recording videos at 1920x1080. I plan on using these recordings for YouTube. Also, I want the picture camera to be the best too. Also, a long lasting battery would be good.

The best phones for camera quality sit outside of your £400 budget, so it depends what you prioritise higher. If you increase your budget or are willing to go on contract, the Samsung Galaxy S7/S7 Edge, iPhone 6S Plus and LG G5 offer the best overall combination of photo and video quality. The iPhone and Galaxies edge out the G5 in overall quality, but the dual camera setup it has allows for more versatility and creativity. If you're firm on your budget, get a Galaxy S6 for about £350 on Amazon.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.