Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I give up! watch

Announcements

This girl keeps tagging me in posts on Facebook and for the first couple of times I messaged her about it in a jokey way or replied to the tag and we would have a short conversation. But recently she tagged me in something and I messaged her about it and she point blank ignored me. She hasn't even read it and the message it to long for her to read it in the preview thing. So she doesn't know what it said, to be fair the first part of the message looks like i'm mad but i'm not she just has to read it. It's so frustrating like why are you tagging me in these posts and then you go and ignore me. She will have a notification saying I messaged her until she reads it....

I can't be asked anymore......................... .....

Any advice on what to do would be great?

ReputationRep:
    Stop using Facebook altogether. Waste of data

As long as you told her whats been bothering you , you are on the right track.
    If she continues.... Well I would suggest the secret method of blocking... not forever tho.

I just remembered... in between stoping Facebook and the other thing... face to face talking is also an option

ReputationRep:
    Just don't reply back to her. When she tags you just ignore her and she'll probably message you asking what you think.

ReputationRep:
    i am 100% guilty of doing what you described. ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ

there are many reasons why she did that though!! please dont assume that its because she dislikes you or anything - since shes tagging you in stuff and not blanking you entirely, she likely still likes you.

she may not have received the notification - or perhaps she did, but cleared them accidentally and didnt see the notification. maybe she was busy when she saw your message and meant to respond later on, but forgot, or too much time had passed by the time she had finished what she was doing and she felt awkward responding then. maybe she didnt have the energy to have a conversation when you messaged her.

i have pretty bad social anxiety thats really elevated when pm-ing people. i sometimes leave messages for months (´。• - •。`) but i dont dislike who messaged me! i just find it hard to talk.

so please try not to worry too much!! chances are, its all okay.
    nonetheless, i hope she gets back to you soon! ☆

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    This girl keeps tagging me in posts on Facebook and for the first couple of times I messaged her about it in a jokey way or replied to the tag and we would have a short conversation. But recently she tagged me in something and I messaged her about it and she point blank ignored me. She hasn't even read it and the message it to long for her to read it in the preview thing. So she doesn't know what it said, to be fair the first part of the message looks like i'm mad but i'm not she just has to read it. It's so frustrating like why are you tagging me in these posts and then you go and ignore me. She will have a notification saying I messaged her until she reads it....

I can't be asked anymore......................... .....

She probably does not care about texting you. She's probably not a texter, Random but weird just ignore it. Don't respond to her tags she'll text u eventually

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Less social media/second guessing, and more living in the real world, for you, my son

ReputationRep:
    Facebook, needlessly overcomplicating simple human interaction since 2004

ReputationRep:
    Like others have said fb is a waste of time and no need to get upset so easily because of someone tagging you just ignore it.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 7, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.