The Student Room Group

Help - Masturbation to feel grounded

Hello,
Please help, thank you in advance.
This is both a health/relationship issue I guess.

To give you a bit of background I have recently split with my girlfriend after 2/3 years, we had a healthy sexual relationship, sex was regular.Lovely girl, I will miss her, but I ended it because I didn't see a future in us and I didn't want to string her along. ( I thought long and hard about this and we did try to fix things)

I was looking forward to being single and working on developing myself and my carear but since becoming single my sex drive/testosterone levels have been through the roof, so much so I'm finding it hard to concentrate and I'm not thinking clearly or working hard.As soon as I masturbate I think rationally again and I become more productive and I feel "grounded", I don't want to have to do this all the time it's not feasible, does anyone have any advice? Will anything else have the same/similar affect on me?Any suggestions?

Thanks again in advance.
God bless
Reply 1
There's not really anything wrong with what you're doing right now, maybe you could find someone for casual sex if you're not ready to jump into another relationship? Otherwise if you can't find a playmate and the problem persists, although embarrassing af you should go see a doctor as they may be able to give you something to help control your sex drive
Original post by Anonymous
Hello,
Please help, thank you in advance.
This is both a health/relationship issue I guess.

To give you a bit of background I have recently split with my girlfriend after 2/3 years, we had a healthy sexual relationship, sex was regular.Lovely girl, I will miss her, but I ended it because I didn't see a future in us and I didn't want to string her along. ( I thought long and hard about this and we did try to fix things)

I was looking forward to being single and working on developing myself and my carear but since becoming single my sex drive/testosterone levels have been through the roof, so much so I'm finding it hard to concentrate and I'm not thinking clearly or working hard.As soon as I masturbate I think rationally again and I become more productive and I feel "grounded", I don't want to have to do this all the time it's not feasible, does anyone have any advice? Will anything else have the same/similar affect on me?Any suggestions?

Thanks again in advance.
God bless

Beat your meat until it can't take anymore punishment, then once you can't fap no more you can either concentrate on other stuff or everything is 10x worse than before

Quick Reply

Latest