The Student Room Group

Help, how do I react? Trust who?

Just met a really nice person, new him for years but never properly. We started hanging together and all of a sudden my dad finds out that his dad is the person that conned him a long time ago, (out of £200 or something). My dad has 'banned' my new friend from the house, although its got nothing to do with him, what should I do, feel like I'm really missing out on a good friend. Should I go with my parent's 'judgement' of him and not trust him or make my own mind up? Can't win either way anyway. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated (might I add, we're all adults just students waiting for uni), Thank you xx
Imo id carry on being friends, but I wouldnt associate with his family. presumably the person knows this. If its going to cause ruptions with your dad then id keep quiet or respect their wishes. You know your parents better than us. You will be off to uni soon anyway and you can make new friends there.
:smile: That makes a lot of sense, thank you! Personally feel its unfair to judge a person on their parents, we don't choose who we get as parents. Thank you for the advice :smile:
psh if people judged me based on my parents, I would have no friends.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending