Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Who are your hero's or inspirations and why? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Seems a bit of an odd topic, but I just thought I'd throw it out to everyone there, as everyone has different inspirations. On a personal level, I have two.
    James Hetfield and Nikki Sixx. Both have written lyrics and had very very similar upbringings to myself, and have acheieved the aims I want to realise. Both have striking determination and will to succeed in life, especially when their "balls" were against the wall as it were, and thats how I feel today. through their lyrics and their music I feel as if it was written for me, and in a wierd way BY me. I've never been fortunate enough to meet james, but I have met Sixx, and we never stopped talking about anything. I'm 18 years old now and as fun as random girls are in clubs and parties and stuff, I'm kinda tired of it. Its old news, its boring, so predictable, I'm out there looking for excitement and this is what i get? I think I'm at the stage in my life where I actually want to get a stable relationship and care about someone, I've been out with girls in the past for a few months but nothing ever came of it. You could argue otherwise and that I should be 'playing the field' but y'know, its my life. Anyways, onto you guys

ReputationRep:
    I also have two. My mum and my dad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amb1)
    I also have two. My mum and my dad.
    aww

ReputationRep:
    dont have any really

sometimes i like people and think they are funny or cool, but i try and be myself

ReputationRep:
    david brent, hes a loser - i'm a loser

ReputationRep:
    See http://www.uk-learning.net/t32920.html

my a level teachers and sir roger moore

ReputationRep:
    there are quite a weird mix for me, here we go:

tupac,
    roy jones junior,
    gandhi,

a nice combination but true, they all done things which have been appreciated.

Those who dnt respect these people, then thats ur choice. But its real.

ReputationRep:
    richard feynman....because he was a complete genius but was still cool....HE PLAYED THE BONGO DRUMS...NOTHING COMPARES TO THAT!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rjj)

tupac,
    roy jones junior,
    gandhi,

care to say why?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rjj)

tupac,
    roy jones junior,
    gandhi,

What do you mean by "but it's real"? If I said I respect Philip Schofield that would be real too, so what's your point?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fly By)
    david brent, hes a loser - i'm a loser
    awww...silly but he is funny! i know a guy in my year who does the impressions, cracks me up everytime

ReputationRep:
    My heroes and inspiartions are anyone who can go on stage, dance, sing whatever. That's a pretty hard thing to do, it really inspires me to think that you only live once....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cellardore)
    awww...silly but he is funny! i know a guy in my year who does the impressions, cracks me up everytime
    lol theres one in our school too! i think its part of the cirrculum! if you dont have a david brent in your school you dont get mroe money from teh council!

ReputationRep:
    My heroes and inspiartions are anyone who can go on stage, dance, sing whatever. That's a pretty hard thing to do, it really inspires me to think that you only live once....
    :eek: how big does the "stage" has to be? coz i play the guitar and sing in front of my friends!!

ReputationRep:
    :eek: how big does the "stage" has to be? coz i play the guitar and sing in front of my friends!!
    anyone who can sing in front of someone they don't know! takes alot of guts. i wish i could do that, but i'm ypung, it all comes with experience i guess...

ReputationRep:
    anyone who can sing in front of someone they don't know! takes alot of guts. i wish i could do that, but i'm ypung, it all comes with experience i guess...
    hmm...damn. i dont think i done that. always people i know

do you wanna sing or soemthing?

ReputationRep:
    hmm...damn. i dont think i done that. always people i know

do you wanna sing or soemthing?
    i would love to do that or be an actress, it would really be a confidence booster

i did a modelling shoot once, i was embarassed to do that

ReputationRep:
    i would love to do that or be an actress, it would really be a confidence booster

i did a modelling shoot once, i was embarassed to do that
    oh right, i guess it does come with experience. you're still 18. (or so you said!)

i reckon out of the whole lot, singing is the hardest. but more practice would help. you got a nice voice?

ReputationRep:
    Dyson and Branson coz they're loaded

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 1, 2004
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.