Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Im jus filling out an application form n its got dem annoying qnz asking abt y u wanna work for the company n stuff. I neva seem 2 get n e where wiv these so was wondering if n e of you had n e gud answers for them which wud make ma form stand out cos i neva get no where with them! fanx! :confused:

What attracts you to working for us?

What skills and qualities would you bring to the company?

What does the term 'good customer service' mean to you?

ReputationRep:
    Would help if you told us which company, to answer the 1st qts!

ReputationRep:
    The money

Spending money

Earning money

Money, Money, Money!

ReputationRep:
    Lolz, its Debenhamz
    I kno itz abt the money lol, but i cant write dat!!
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    It would also help if you gave us your honest answers to the questions.

Why do you want to work for that company (is it because it's local? pays well? you like the stuff it sells? you know someone else who works there? etc etc)

What skills and qualities do you have? (teamworker, problem solver, initiative, compromise, learner, communicator, punctual, reliable, trustworthy, hard working, cheerful, friendly etc etc etc)

And surely you can think of an example of good customer service that you've had from a company? Something that impressed you (a delivery company contacting you and letting you know when a package will be delivered so you don't have to spend all day waiting in, a company that reacted well to a complaint/faulty product by solving the problem and being apologetic and friendly, someone who went out of their way to order in an item of stock for you by visiting/ringin round all of the other shops in the area for you? etc etc)

ReputationRep:
    Well known store, that you've shopped from and you'd like to continue to help build and mantain that image of a good shoop!
    JUST BS- it always works in moderation

ReputationRep:
    Lolz, Ive alwayz written sumthin along dem linez but i neva seem 2 get nowhere!! :confused:

ReputationRep:
    I hope you dont use your insane 'txt tlk' when filling out your application forms!

Does it really take much more effort to spell words correctly (eg. write 'always' instead of the infuriating 'alwayz')?

Rant over. Use your common sense; what is Debenhams going to want from its employees? The ability to work as part of a team, but at the same time use your own initiative. Responsible, honest, hardworking, motivated etc etc etc.

Good luck

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 2, 2004
Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

Articles and guides:

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A-Z of careers Advice on choosing a careerCV writing helpCovering letter helpInterview tips

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

Merck

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Quick links:

Unanswered career sector and employment threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.