Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have got a constructive piece of advice for those individuals currently revising for their gcse. There are plenty of students at the moment crying about the stress of gcse .I was in the same position as you guys i really thought i was going to fail all my gcse at this time of the year, but i realized that gcse is not even that bad. The jump from gcse to A level is quite significant but now when i look back at the gcse books i wonder why i was even stressing .The key concept which you need to store in your head is achieving good grades but that needs a little hard work .If you have an assumption of gcse being hard you're not going to reach your potential is all about positive thinking you will realize how easy gcse really is when you're studying A levels.Through this mentality i managed to achieve 10 A*.This requires work but you need to know anything is achievable if you have a doubt in getting the best grade you will achieve poor grades its all about having a positive mindset. Trust me you can do it
    Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by robin567)
    I have got a constructive piece of advice for those individuals currently revising for their gcse. There are plenty of students at the moment crying about the stress of gcse .I was in the same position as you guys i really thought i was going to fail all my gcse at this time of the year, but i realized that gcse is not even that bad. The jump from gcse to A level is quite significant but now when i look back at the gcse books i wonder why i was even stressing .The key concept which you need to store in your head is achieving good grades but that needs a little hard work .If you have an assumption of gcse being hard your not going to reach your potential is all about positive thinking you will realize how easy gcse really is when your studying A levels.Through this mentality i managed to achieve 10 A*.This requires work but you need to know anything is achievable if you have a doubt in getting the best grade you will not achieve that grade its all about having a positive mindset. Trust me you can do it
    Good luck
    much advice,such motivation 11/10 wow

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by niftyhitman)
    much advice,such motivation 11/10 wow
    thank you GOOD LUCK

ReputationRep:
    thank you GOOD LUCK
    Are you Currently in Sixth Form or Uni?

ReputationRep:
    Are you Currently in Sixth Form or Uni?
    YR 13

ReputationRep:
    This is so true
    Im so scared for A levels now tho...everyone talks about how hard it is compared to GCSEs and how an E grade would be equivalent to an A in gcse

ReputationRep:
    YR 13
    Do you plan on going to the top Russel Group Unis like Cambridge and Durham?

ReputationRep:
    do you plan on going to the top russel group unis like cambridge and durham?
    hopefully

ReputationRep:
    Lmao only advice I would give to ppl genuinely struggling with specific subjects in GCSE would be to avoid doing them at a-level at all cost. If you find GCSE's hard and pick a subject that you found difficult at GCSE then you will genuinely hate a-levels.

There is no prep for the jump from GCSE to A-level at high school. You learn more in your first month at A-level than you did for the whole of GCSE and it's not easy content either.

Don't panic about GCSE's. Try your best and if you're grades are a pile of **** then avoid that A-level subject. And pick something you'll enjoy or you will hate the next two years of your life.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by s.mo)
    This is so true
    Im so scared for A levels now tho...everyone talks about how hard it is compared to GCSEs and how an E grade would be equivalent to an A in gcse
    yes that is true but don't be scared is just challenging that's all but you can still get a top grade for A level if only YOU WORK HARD ... just be optimistic and you will see chances in your grades trust me

ReputationRep:
    Did you get an A* in English too?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Exotoxin)
    Did you get an A* in English too?
    YEAH why is it because you 're struggling believe in yourself you will get there

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.